Author Topic: Made Contact with Some Previous Owners Today  (Read 3699 times)

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Made Contact with Some Previous Owners Today
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
Vince, you really started something. I have to tell you, but I do not want to Hi-Jack your thread. After reading about your chasing down of your components, It planted a "seed". I posted a pic on Craigslist last night of my flamed car asking if anyone knew any information about the car? Already, today, just minutes ago, a guy called and told me he owned the car around 1977-78. He traded it to a High School buddy for a Nova. He gave me that guys name as well. I am thinking that the guy (Nova owner) sold it to the guy I got the car from. I spoke with that owner back in the fall after an old friend gave me his name and the lead. This guy (one who had car when I found it)told me he traded a motorcycle for the Camaro. You see, when I found the car, I already had the Blue one and spent everything I had on that car buying parts each week. So, when the flamed car came along, I did not have the money. My best friend, at the time, bought it and I paid him back. He had the car put in his name, so that is where the trail ended for so many years. Now, I have contacted the guy who had car when I found it and the owner 2 before, I believe? and have a name of the guy in between. This is getting interesting. this guy I talked to today said the guy he bought it from may have been the original owner, but he could not remember his name. He also has only one picture of the car from when he owned it.
Followup:
Just after I posted, I did a person search of the name the caller gave me today who he traded for the Nova. First person I called- BINGO! He sold it to the guy I got it from. He even had the sales tax receipt in front of him when I called as he had a cop friend who was trying to search down the VIN. How about that? He read the VIN, yes, the same as my car. He gave me an email and said he had more stories and the original add when he tried to sell the car in the "Wheeler Dealer", one of those add mags. printed on newspaper type paper that you see in convenient stores. He said, you know that is a 375 horse car, right? My car had 2 fuel lines, but a curved neck radiator. I always thought it was a 325 car although I have a 375 going back in. He thought there was a story about the original owner had some connections with the dealer and did some shady deal where they swapped out the engine when new, like Yenko did. I do not know and still looking for clues. He said the engine was "tired" when he got it and he put a 402 in it. He believes he scrapped the original engine. Will keep up on this.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

daves87gn

• View Profile
Re: Made Contact with Some Previous Owners Today
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »
congrats on finding the old owners
Dave, SoCal
1969 Camaro z/28 (x77) Cortez Silver, endura front bumper, deluxe black interior,Rosewood dash with no tach or console, m22, BV 4:10 rear

6667ss138

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
Congrats, I have had the same success in the past and it is a good feeling.

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:33:37 AM »
Congrats!! i have tried doing that on my 68 SSRS several times over the years with no luck. The last time I tried it, about a month ago my add got flagged about 12 hours later.  ???

motorman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »
remember none of this counts if the expert says different.
new Camaros owned 68 and 69 Z-28. new Corvettes owned 59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99 02,05 and 08. retired race engine builder, former NASCAR tech inspector