Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Favorite Independent Trans-Am Driver ???

(1/5) > >>

satman:
      With the majority of the teams racing in the Trans-Am series being independents I think not enough credit has been given to the unsung heroes who soldiered on in inferior cars, prepared by underfunded teams for little or no compensation

Perhaps our members could reveal their favorite Drivers and why... In deference to my two drivers Robert Barg and Dick Hoffman who did more with less than anyone I know and in all fairness to  others I will go outside my own team for my choice and pick one of the most exciting drivers ever to race in the Trans Am.

I will not divulge this drivers name but a very big clue is the car he drove pictured below ...............

1968RSZ28:

--- Quote from: satman on March 31, 2014, 11:56:14 PM ---I will not divulge this drivers name but a very big clue is the car he drove pictured below ...............

--- End quote ---

That's Bob Tullius driving the Gray Ghost, a 1964 Pontiac Tempest.   :)

Paul

satman:
Right you are Paul ................. Some people might not realize that the car started life as a daily driver, with over 80,000 miles on the odometer when they turned it into a race car ....

Jon Mello:
Al, Bob Tullius is kind of a cheater pick because he was also a factory driver for Dodge earlier and sort of a quasi-factory driver for Javelin in '69. He even was in consideration for one of the Mopar factory contracts for 1970. I always liked him. He was a real character. Below my younger brother and I are getting autographs from Bob, Kas Kastner and (I think) Carl Swanson at the '71 Road America Trans-Am. I'm on the far left.

satman:
Jon that's a really neat photo ...... You make a valid point but watching Bob drive the wheels off that 6 year old grocery getter was almost unbelievable ........... Does this mean I am disqualified ??? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page