CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 10:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103597 Posts in 12177 Topics by 4697 Members
Latest Member: greygoose01
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  Reproduction glass with "LOF" and date codes etched.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reproduction glass with "LOF" and date codes etched.  (Read 478 times)
DAVEN1256

View Profile Email
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »

Does anyone know of any other reproduction glass company besides Pilkington Classics that will etch the original LOF logo and date codes on their glass?

I know Rick's offers it but I believe they get it from Pilkington. I am not sure on that though.

I am having some problems with door glass I got from Pilkington and I am in a discussion with them now about it. Knowing if you can get the date codes and LOF from another company that makes quality glass might affect my final decision on what I am going do.

Thanks.....Dave
JJs 67 Camaro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »

Dave- I sent you an e-mail.  Give me a call and I will share some information for you.  Doing it yourself is always an option too.  Here is a link to a guy who can sell you a kit.

http://www.fordscript.com/carleton_glass/products.html

Thanks,

Jerry
69Z28-RS

owner since '76

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »

Dave- I sent you an e-mail.  Give me a call and I will share some information for you.  Doing it yourself is always an option too.  Here is a link to a guy who can sell you a kit.

http://www.fordscript.com/carleton_glass/products.html

Thanks,

Jerry

That works.  I've done it when restoring a '55 Convertible with a friend, BUT... if the glass you purchase has the mfg logo already 'etched', then removing that etching will leave a visible 'distorted' area on the glass.   You should try to find a glass that not only matches your original factory glass in tint and thickness, but also that uses a painted/baked on mfg logo, as that one will be removable (with effort) but leave no residual bad effect.

Gary W.  /  69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood all tint
69 Corvette convertible, silver/black 350 hp,
60 Corvette white/red, 72 Corvette coupe (2), 
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55 Nomad, '57 Nomad, '57 B/A Sedan
rsr

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »

Try finding glass that matches original and will fit correct and doesn't show the temper spots! Check your DOT numbers to see WHO actually made the glass!!  Good luck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: