Author Topic: Portland Swap Meet  (Read 3246 times)

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
Portland Swap Meet
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
Any of you guys going to the Portland, Oregon Swap Meet, April 4th 5th 6th they have 3500 vendor stalls  at the Expo center, plus 5 miles of booths at PIR (Portland International raceway). They say the biggest one on the west coast.
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Portland Swap Meet
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
I usually go.  Depends on the weather sometimes, but it looks like it should be decent.
68Z28

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »
I wish I could go, I went back in like 95, and it was the biggest swap meet I have ever been to that had exclusively old car stuff. I have since been to pomona Ca, Auburn Indiana, and hershey PA. Hershey is large but mixed with different gasoline stuff. The portland meet with the track and the fair grounds was impressive. Back then It was like seeing everything listed on ebay(today) in person, if it wasn't there it didn't exist.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
There is a lot a of area to cover, hence the weather thing.  There is also a lot of junk and people with junk that want a lot of money.  I go with just the outside chance I might find something.  One year there was a junkyard there with alternators and dists.  I was looking through a pile and he asked what numbers I was looking for and told him.  He said he's sure they had some of those back and the yard, but he could only bring so many.  I lost his number and can't remember what the name of the place was.  I'd love to find a bunch of rare number alts. and dizzys.
68Z28

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 12:56:10 AM »
There is a lot a of area to cover, hence the weather thing.  There is also a lot of junk and people with junk that want a lot of money.  I go with just the outside chance I might find something.  One year there was a junkyard there with alternators and dists.  I was looking through a pile and he asked what numbers I was looking for and told him.  He said he's sure they had some of those back and the yard, but he could only bring so many.  I lost his number and can't remember what the name of the place was.  I'd love to find a bunch of rare number alts. and dizzys.

I am headed to Portland Thurs-Sat. Prepp'g for wet weather. For sure not a lot of deals to be had in my opinion, but the meet is the biggest in the NW.

I bet the 'yard' was American Classics in Vancouver, they know the numbers game & the rare gold is lone gone.

Jim
Beer-Wings at Hooters FRI night NW of the expo center!
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

anything