Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

The Inside Story of Campaigning an Independent ’67 Camaro in the Trans Am

(1/6) > >>

satman:
Here is a link to a podcast interview that I recently did with Robert Kibbe of The Muscle Car Place .....

AL

http://www.themusclecarplace.com/tmcp-206-al-richards-the-inside-story-of-campaigning-his-independent-67-camaro-in-the-trans-am-series

Jon Mello:
Al,

Many thanks for posting that link to the podcast. It was great to hear the story of how you got involved in Trans-Am racing. A big part of why I got this forum started was not just to learn about the cars but to hear stories about the people involved. Your first-hand account from that era is a great addition here. Thanks for your contribution and involvement.

satman:
Jon,
 Thank you very much for your kind comments............It was too bad the interview was cut short because I really wanted to acknowledge what a great job Robert Barg and the other members of our team did on being  able to do so much on a very meager budget.......... On a quick aside you certainly need to be congratulated on doing such a magnificent job with this site and providing a forum to help preserve a very important part of our racing history.

OG69Z:
Al, many thanks for sharing your recollections with us. I especially value your hands-on experiences. In this day of commercially "prepped" cars, it is indeed a rare opportunity for all of us to hear from the guy with grease on his hands!
 I personally have many  technical questions to ask about your car. Any memories about weak links in the engine, transmission, or even setting up the rear end would be appreciated. Maybe some suspension tricks too.
Thanks
Robert

cook_dw:
Just listened to the interview.  Great podcast!!  You mentioned a youtube video in the interview.?.  Do you have a link to that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page