Author Topic: Finally! A Camaro that makes mine look good!  (Read 8188 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Finally! A Camaro that makes mine look good!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 03:54:10 AM »
Reminds me of the people I talked to over the years when I wanted to buy a car that had sitting somewhere.  I'd ask if the car was for sale.  They would say no. I would ask what are you going to do with it.  Well, I'm going to restore it or fix it up.  I would say.  I've done that a number of times.  By the time you get around to it, it will be worthless.  I have been proven right in every circumstance. I needed a parts car for my 50 Buick and this guy said he was going to restore it with his son.  Watched it rot into the ground literally.  Tried to buy a Porsche 914 and watched as it rotted into the ground.  Dreams...........
68Z28

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
Re: Finally! A Camaro that makes mine look good!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
Somewhere in here I've posted basically the same as above. Probably the worse was the 3 I found when  stationed  in South Carolina during the 80's. All minus motors and trans ,on "seement" blocks in this guys front, what I'd loosely call a  yard. To paint a mental picture: cars haphazardly placed with vegetation growing up about ,dirty little shack of a house with the front screen door hanging off. Worse part that sticks in mind to this day were the little kids who came to the door , filthy.

If I remember right 2 69's and a 68. Offered a good price ( wanted all three ,would have settled for one) "Gonna fix em up one of theses days"

My guess is trees through the floor ,overrun with black widow spiders by now....kids probably have a booming "met" kitchen...really does still bother me when I think about it. >:(
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..