CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 07:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
107477 Posts in 12505 Topics by 4810 Members
Latest Member: rustoleumm
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  69 DASH VIN #
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 DASH VIN #  (Read 680 times)
bigcat65

View Profile Email
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »

I was thinking how easy is it to change the dash and vin # in case if someone has tried to commit a fraudulent  act to change a car plain x44 car to a ss x55 car is it possible to make a POP if the car had no trim tag  should someone check the hidden vin # under the pass-side cowel panel  first I am kind of disabled to check myself  how easy is it to pull out the back seat to see if it has a x5 there its a feb 02c build code the engine looks like it  has been decked can't see nothing on the pad but it's painted orange to if I sand it might show something what else could you look for
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »

if I sand it might show something what else could you look for

DON'T SAND it - that will destroy the surface and broach marks; use paint remover and a rag.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
elcamino72

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »

I agree, do not sand the block. 

If you are concerned about your car, how about taking pictures of the dash VIN and cowl tag and posting them?  A picture of the dash VIN without the dash pad in place would be ideal so that the members here can evaluate the rivets and the complete VIN tag piece.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: