Author Topic: Hello to All  (Read 20722 times)

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to All
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
How many miles are on the 230? The sixes are rock-solid reliable, but it sounds like your 230 needs to be pulled and looked at (it would be a real shame to lose the original motor). It would be a piece of cake to pull it and have it re-ringed and re-bored (if necessary), and sixes are cheap enough that you could have a spare motor to swap in for not much dough. My plan with my 230 is to put the guts from the low-mile 250 I bought into the 230 block and have a "mountain motor" 6 (LOL). The 250 was a smoother running engine than the 230 and got the same gas mileage with more torque and hp (it had 15 more horses). I'd like to see your '67 and take some notes for my project as it sat for a long time and a few parts disappeared here and there. My fiancee lives in the Dublin area and I'm up there all the time. PM me your phone number if you think of it. Best regards

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »
Dave (aka Chill-r), thanks for inviting me out to see "Mom's Camaro". Just wanted to tell everyone on here that it is virtually a museum piece...stunning white paint (done by Dave), perfect quarter panel replacement (also by Dave), and a nearly perfect silver blue interior with original carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, dash pad. The car's original Firestone Deluxe Champion blackwall 7.35x14 spare and jack (with original dove gray paint and black factory paint spatters) are in the trunk. All of the wiring is original, and there are faded firewall grease pencil marks still visible on the firewall. I told Dave I would definitely pull that anemic 6 and 3 on the tree column and install a GM ZZ4 crate motor and a Turbo 350 (who the heck wants a crappy 6 ? :). Hey...just kidding...lighten up! Anyway, this car is so unusual and beautiful, and it will drive the guys nuts at any Camaro show it enters.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 02:25:33 AM »
Photos would be nice!  :)

Paul

chili r

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 04:22:52 AM »
Thanks Alex for the comments and a pleasure to meet you. Your knowledge is no slouch either as sharing info is great. Thanks again for the magazine and I will be sending info on part numbers for hoses and such. I have lots of pictures but I need to figure out how to post as it is usually late for me and I doze off  :P. Thanks to all and carry on

anything