Author Topic: Well My Camaro online Compadres, Time for a fight of my Life!  (Read 69372 times)

daves87gn

• View Profile
Re: Well My Camaro online Compadres, Time for a fight of my Life!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 02:07:43 AM »
glad to see you posting, and hope for a speedy recovery
Dave, SoCal
1969 Camaro z/28 (x77) Cortez Silver, endura front bumper, deluxe black interior,Rosewood dash with no tach or console, m22, BV 4:10 rear

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 02:16:50 AM »
Good to have you back Danny!
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 04:29:29 AM »
We were all worried about how the surgery went Danny. I know that no news is good news, but your mind starts messing with you after a while! Glad to see you posting. Keep up the good work.
Buddy
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
Glad to see you back on here Danny.  Been thinkin' about you.  Just do as the Drs. say and take it easy.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
Great to have you back man!  Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best.

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2014, 06:57:47 AM »
Again thanx, no Mrs. Starr, just me. 53 and trying to make it all happen. So I will be online for about another 3 weeks. Then extreme diet treatment, and then the radioactive stuff. I appreciate all the support. Danny

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
Glad to see you back as well !!! God speed with your next round of treatments...But don't wait so long the next time before you/someone  lets us know, how you are doing.

TMR ...
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
Hurry up. The Giants have been winning....

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2014, 05:02:42 PM »
Weather is breaking here in Ohio ,get a little sunshine out were you're at !  Remember,  Camaro's rule ! LOL
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
We're all thinking of you and wishing you the best, Danny.   
Keeping a Positive, 'can do' attitude is 90% of the battle, as we know you will!! 

Gary
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2014, 05:36:26 AM »
Well tomorrow is the beginning of treatment. I will be dropping some test pills for scans and TSH and Hemoglobin levels. Then Wed. at 11am is more scans and testing levels to see if my body is Hypothyroid enough and ready. Then "Radioactive Iodine" Pill drop that same day at 3pm. Good times... NOT!!  Been on a no Iodine diet now for 16 days! Got about 10 more days to go on that diet. Killing me, I want a piece of cheese, bread, dairy, salt, salmon, shrimp...ANYTHING. I will take just a tuna sandwich, or a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich. ONE piece of bread!  After taking pill, full isolation for 7 days from any living being. Then a whole body scan on the 28th or 29th to see if we got all the Cancer, especially behind my Clavicle. I just went back and read all your past emails and got my self feeling much better. What a great boost seeing all that, as I really needed it. I appreciate it. I will have access to a computer, but not my own. I live in a 5th wheel and it's not connected to the sewer so no can stay here. Going to be at the girlfriends house, and she will go to the neighbors for a week. Boy she has REALLY taken care of me with lunch and dinner everyday for those 16 days. Lots of salads and avocados, veggies and SOME fruit. She really read that American thyroid association treatment cook book and made it happen. Whipping up and modifying anything she can to try and get some flavor out of it. Hours and hours of shopping and prep work. Anyway, she has a laptop I can use to check messages.
 By the way, surprise... she seen me looking at cars online, asked me some questions and bought me a Camaro. Not kidding! When the title shows up I will share year, color, pictures and info. Car arrives in two or three weeks. But no info yet, ya gotta wait  ;) ;) ;D ;D

OK... so, please do not reply here. Lets save valuable space on this site for Camaro etc. related discussion. Here is an email address assuming ya wanna shoot me something. Take care, wish me luck, luv you guys... Danny

djc1@sonic.net

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2014, 05:41:23 AM »
WOW, what a lady! Sounds like you have a win win situation on your hands, now for the doctors to do what they do best and follow your health closely. I loo forward to seeing you back.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
There are still good ones out there Danny! She sounds like a keeper. Keep us in the loop. We are all praying for you dude!!
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
Good to hear from you again.  Sounds like a long road to full recovery, just be sure to take it easy and do as the Drs. say.  Taking it  easy is hard for me(I had Prostate cancer surgery Jan. 20) but just gotta do it.  That first month was hard (sitting on my hands, LOL!)  I'm back to normal now, I like to keep active.  3 month check up my PSA is 0.04.  Woohoo!!!!
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2014, 03:06:52 AM »
Lots of people going thru some poop for sure. I wish you all the best! Email me if ya like. I will have Kurt remove the entire posting when this is all over to save space. Thanx again to you all..   djc1@sonic.net

WELL…
 Things seemed to be moving along well. I went to UCSF on the 20th and took 10 pills as prep for tests the following day. Needed to have a low TSH level after my 14 day low iodine diet. In those 14 days I didn’t wanna cheat so I only had 2 cornuts and 1 pistachio the whole time. No other salts. No other dairy, salts, fish, bread basically anything in life that tastes good. Lots of baked chicken and lettuce wraps with avocado and tomatoes. And a few other things if you get creative. You can have meat with very little on it. No processed food, salt free ketchup and so on. So the lower your TSH count is, the higher the number. 30 and they won’t treat you, as you have obviously been cheating. 40 and they will treat you IF they can get permission from your endocrinologist. Sometimes they do, sometimes you have to start all over. 50 is ideal and that’s where you need to be to walk right in the next room and get treatment. I was 53.6, so I was good. They WANT you to go into Hypothyroidism so your body craves iodine BAD. Then drop the pills and they go right at the Cancer and kill it, attacking bad cells only. RAI treatment has been around for 50 years! So on the 21st, I went back to UCSF and had some blood work done and hemoglobin testes and the like. Then a CT scan where I could not move for 25 minutes while they took pictures of my whole body. WBS = whole body scan. RAI = Radio Active Iodine. Only can blink your eyes. Then went into the next room and had an hour long meeting about the difference between exposure and contamination. And blah blah blah… Then took 2 heavy doses of Radio-Active Iodine Treatment. Then run down the steps and out the door. Then left there fast and straight home to isolation at a friends for 7 days. No riding on buses, sharing a cab, holding babies or animals or being around a pregnant woman as it could kill the baby.
  Went down for another scan yesterday to see progress. My endocrinologist called me today with good and bad news. Good news = there is no Cancer anywhere else in my body. As there was a time where it was in a couple other places. Bad news = Cancer is still very present in my neck and throat area. Meaning the treatment did not get all the Cancer. I asked her if the medicine will continue working and she said not likely, as it is at its strongest at 48 hours. Then down from 100% to like 6 %. Then hangs around for a little longer and that is it. 8 days later and I am out of isolation and no longer a threat to anyone. Which means it’s probably done working. It MAY still have a little left to help eat away some of the residual Cancer, but not likely. Surprising as they gave me a VERY heavy dose. Had to put it in 2 pills. 15 thousand dollars a pill that the insurance does NOT pay for. Good times eh… So back to regular life for now, whatever THAT is.. and trying not to stress out. Not easy to do for sure. I was really hoping she would say we had a zero tumor count. I guess they are not really tumors, that’s just what they call it as a whole. So I asked her to give it to me straight and she said and I quote,” It doesn’t look good, and I am very concerned. I thought it would be Zero, or at least a lot less”   End quote…
 So no way to start more treatment right now, as the body needs to recoup. Then back to UCSF on August 18th to see where things stand and another WBS. THAT scan will tell her whether or not I start another RAI treatment in 6 to 9 months. Basically start all over again. ( Or pinpoint Radiation in Petaluma, CA. I guess they go in you and plant little chunks of Gold inside ya. Then zap THAT area and the gold keeps treatment close to the Cancer. ) If the masses that are left are too big, they do NOT do another RAI as it will do no good, and it’s straight to pinpoint radiation. I was told to NOT get my affairs in order just yet. I guess at least THAT'S good news.
 That’s it I guess. That’s the short version. Next update after August 18th? Danny