CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103796 Posts in 12188 Topics by 4702 Members
Latest Member: Subarurider
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Survivor 69 Z back on ebay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Survivor 69 Z back on ebay  (Read 1392 times)
paceme

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »

looks like overspray under the hood. he stated original paint ?

I believe the underside was black, but its usually a rather thin coat, and it looks like it was stored in a moist environment which caused surface rust not only on the under hood surface but in the engine compartment in general. I will say the car looks to be sitting very high in both the front and rear which is not typical.

That engine compartment looks un-fluffed based on the pics in the auction. Its missing a few items and replacement maintenance parts such as hoses and master. Looks like a very good unrestored car. The condition is typical for a car left alone and unpampered. I think Gary likes it because its ORANGE....

That certainly is an unbeatable color combo eh?  Smiley      Shouldn't the underside of the hood be painted black??

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles. Website www.vintagecertification.com
sixt9x33rs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »

I looked at the car and considered buying it but the guy just wants to much money. The paint is original, the interior is mint, and the smog is in the guy's shop. This owner bought it from the original owner. He has not titled it from the original owner but technically he is the second owner in my World.

'69 RS Z/28 Olympic Gold, 711
Flat hood no spoiler, black top, endura, 4:10
POP 39,000
69 X77 Z/28 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored
'69 X66 Convertible Cortez Silver 712 black top Endura, auto, bumper guards, am/fm rear speaker 44k miles
69Z28-RS

owner since '76

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »

I looked at the car and considered buying it but the guy just wants to much money. The paint is original, the interior is mint, and the smog is in the guy's shop. This owner bought it from the original owner. He has not titled it from the original owner but technically he is the second owner in my World.

If he doesn't consider himself as an 'owner', then he must classify himself as a *dealer*, in which case.... should we believe anything he says???  Smiley

Gary W.  /  69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood all tint
69 Corvette convertible, silver/black 350 hp,
60 Corvette white/red, 72 Corvette coupe (2), 
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55 Nomad, '57 Nomad, '57 B/A Sedan
sixt9x33rs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

Good point.

If he doesn't consider himself as an 'owner', then he must classify himself as a *dealer*, in which case.... should we believe anything he says???  Smiley

'69 RS Z/28 Olympic Gold, 711
Flat hood no spoiler, black top, endura, 4:10
POP 39,000
69 X77 Z/28 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored
'69 X66 Convertible Cortez Silver 712 black top Endura, auto, bumper guards, am/fm rear speaker 44k miles
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: