Author Topic: Coming Soon:Home page pics w/ stories/info/anything the owner wants to say  (Read 3904 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I would like to see if I can get enough response to try something new here at CRG.  I am sure by now, everyone sees the monthly home page pics when visiting the site.  Are any of you curious about that specific Camaro and would just love to click on it and get a couple other photos of it, along with great information and interesting stories about how they were found, the reason why the current owner bought it, what he or she went through to get it looking the way it does...and on and on?  I know I do.  As we all know, there is almost always a tale to tell about our Camaros, and other Camaro lovers may just want to hear about it.  At the very least, I am sure we would all like to know about the engine, the interior, the body, etc.  Does it still have the original motor or not?  What mods have been done to it?  Are there any cool options? and on and on. 

So, if you would like to not only show off your cool Camaro on the home page, but would like the world to know more about it, send in your pic and a one page story about it.  Include info about the drivetrain, the interior and cool options.  Show off the awesome knowledge you learned about your car from CRG and tell us about it.  Tell us about its history, or anything you think would be cool.  Send in another pic or two or three to showoff your engine compartment, the interior, or any cool feature that you are proud of.  Heck, send in a photo when the car was all apart, and a complete basket case, when you were sure you would never finish it.  I am sure many of us can relate to that. 

And if you have recently sent in a photo of your Camaro and it has not been posted yet, it is in the lineup.  Send me any info about your Camaro and I can include that with your pic.

On a side note, if you are Darrell Cook, Kevin Devine, or David Renshaw, your Camaros are slotted for March, and if you can send me a write up about your Camaro, we still have time to include it.

Thanks guys,

Send your pics AND STORIES to:

sdkar@bellsouth.net

Steve

cam69aro

• 38,000 mile Jerry MacNeish certified z28
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon:Home page pics w/ stories/info/anything the owner wants to say
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
I will compose a nice story on mine and email it to you tonight if you want to post it.
Eldon W 1969 z28 Black with born with driveline X77 38,000 miles-sold
2016 z06/z07 Corvette Black

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
I think that is a great idea.
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:12:56 AM »
I think that is a great idea.
X2
I would love to read about the cars on the home page
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
I had an idea.(Please everyone, don't get scared ::)). This "bio" on our cars or our lives that will be seen with the car pic is great and I support this effort, but I think it go another step further. If this bio was attached as part of our profile page. Anyone, at anytime could read a brief history on the car/owner by clicking on the profile. I think members should have 3 options they can choose if this idea grows legs. Option 1) let anyone view bio who clicks on your profile. 2) let only members have privilege to view other member's profile bio. 3) have a privacy option that allows it not to be displayed (of course, one could just not provide a profile altogether, I realize). There may be someone who wants a bio available, but for privacy, does not want it publicly available.Space should be made for multiple bios for several of our members have more than one Camaro.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
thats why I think if you want to submit a picture of your car for the homepage, you can, and it is your option if you choose not to include some more background on your car. If you want to be private,  don't provide your social security number and pin number and where you stash your dirty magazines.... i.e. (provide only what you feel comfortable sharing)   ;D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV