Author Topic: Tulip Panel Complete  (Read 4556 times)

DyRally-Z1986

• View Profile
Tulip Panel Complete
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:55 AM »
So when I bought my Z/28 and it arrived from Oklahoma, it was like opening a Christmas present and not knowing what you were getting...or getting into for that matter. When we took the Front Fenders off we found that the drivers side Tulip panel had seen better some better days. My Dad and Uncle came through for me Big time and replaced it and personally I think they knocked it out of the park!

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: Tulip Panel Complete
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:24:15 AM »
I'm up for adoption ;D if I can get the same family rate! Nice! Making progress is always good.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:30:37 AM »
I'd say that is worth a six pack a day..........for life..;D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

DyRally-Z1986

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
Yes, I definitely owe them!

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
That's not a tulip panel, it's called a saddlebag or outer cowl side panel. The tulip panel is located between the decklid and rear window, also referred to as the rear deck filler panel or decklid filler panel.

DyRally-Z1986

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »
Well in that case this weekend I cut the newly replaced "outer cowl panel" off.  I then proceeded to cruise the internet and my camaro parts catalogs for an "outer cowl panel or saddle bag" at Ricks/NPD/Heart Beat City...etc and all they stock are these cowl panel replacements that include the outer "tulip panel". This is just great! I cut the newly replaced panel off for no reason and now I have to order an "outer tulip panel" after all. My luck sometimes.

Point of my initial post was to show the replacement of the panel no matter what you want to call it, and to give some appreciation to my family for coming through for me big time.

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
Well in that case this weekend I cut the newly replaced "outer cowl panel" off.  I then proceeded to cruise the internet and my camaro parts catalogs for an "outer cowl panel or saddle bag" at Ricks/NPD/Heart Beat City...etc and all they stock are these cowl panel replacements that include the outer "tulip panel". This is just great! I cut the newly replaced panel off for no reason and now I have to order an "outer tulip panel" after all. My luck sometimes.

Point of my initial post was to show the replacement of the panel no matter what you want to call it, and to give some appreciation to my family for coming through for me big time.

I know what you mean by your family coming through for you big time, that is so great. My family came through for me big time too when I started messing with Camaros, Chevelles, Big Blocks and the like at 17. They thought I needed an attitude adjustment and sent me to Military School! And that's a fact jack!! Never, never will forgive them. Guess I live through my own little "Holocaust" . Why do you think I asked to be adopted dude.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13