Author Topic: Trans lock-out  (Read 5417 times)

mrdetails

• View Profile
Trans lock-out
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:39:12 PM »
Does anyone know the original finish on the trans. lock out brackets and rods? Their was a little glossy black on the rods but not on the brackets. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trans lock-out
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
The bracket, bellcrank and rods were dip-primed low-gloss black.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 01:54:23 AM »
John,

I am not sure if my trans lock out rods and bracket were at one time painted and stripped.  Mine appeared to be a dull (perhaps due to age) silverish cad plated or a natural steel color (see back side of bracket). Is there a chance that the components were either painted, cad plated and/or left natural at various points in time during the 69 production run?   I did not see any evidence of black paint so I cleaned the components and left them natural (with a light wipe down with bearing grease to keep them clean looking) because I was not sure of the color. 

My original lock out components does have the last four digits of the part numbers stamped into the rods (5599 and 5773) and the lever (5780).

Does anyone know who the manufacturer was?  See logo stamped in the lever.

Does any one have more pics of unrestored units?

Thanks

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »
I was kind of wondering the same thing, Dave.  I recently restored a lock out setup, I think the first original that Ive ever come across still on a car.

I also didnt find any sign of paint, especially dipped paint (no drips that are usually found on dipped parts).  I palmetto'd mine.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
My 69 RS (327/glide) didn't have any paint on it either.  It was natural and is original to the car.  01C Norwood build.
Richard Thomas
1969 RS