Author Topic: Home page Blue Camaros  (Read 8281 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Home page Blue Camaros
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:39:43 PM »
Hey Congrats to Cook and the other guys for getting your blue Camaros on the home page. All three cars look great.

and thanks to the CRG administrators for the time it takes to collect those pics and post them. I look forward to future background stories about cars on the home page.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

scoop

• View Profile
Re: Home page Blue Camaros
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:00:44 AM »
Who does the LeMans Blue 68 belong to?  It looks exactly like mine which I an just finishing the restoration on and will be at the Nationals in June.  I would like to visit with him.  Thanks, Scoop

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:09:42 AM »
Who does the LeMans Blue 68 belong to?  It looks exactly like mine which I an just finishing the restoration on and will be at the Nationals in June.  I would like to visit with him.  Thanks, Scoop

Kevin Devine.  When you see him, tell him he is missing his windshield wipers!   :)

Paul

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:37:25 AM »
Be careful with your comments about windshield wipers.
I just got censored over on the Yenko site for making a "windshield wiper delete car" comment, about a blue 69 Z with no windshield wipers.
Apparently the word "forum" is more of a loosely used term, a senior Pooh-Bah member felt it necessary to save the owner any friendly humor, and delete my comments.
 :-X

My warning to you may get me kicked off the CRG, not sure of his influence on our site.

Either that or he will see to it that more of my ideas and views are censured and are not part of the discussion.

Hopefully it is just limited to me, I would hate to find this type of tampering with posts is the norm.
 :-\

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »
I just got censored over on the Yenko site for making a "windshield wiper delete car" comment, about a blue 69 Z with no windshield wipers.
Apparently the word "forum" is more of a loosely used term, a senior Pooh-Bah member felt it necessary to save the owner any friendly humor, and delete my comments.

My warning to you may get me kicked off the CRG, not sure of his influence on our site

We (CRG) don't care if you have wipers or not, and we don't mind humor either!  :-)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
[quote author=JohnZ link=topic=

We (CRG) don't care if you have wipers or not, and we don't mind humor either!  :-)

Man, that is good to know! Some on the other site are not into humor and they can make the site into a joke, if you know what I mean. I am always going to post grainy,fuzzy pics from here on out, so you guys do not see all the flaws and pick my car apart.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
Thanks for the recognition CRG.  My 67 does not deserve to be on the same page as those two beauties..      That 68 is outsanding.  69 is great too but the 68's hold a special place for me..   ;D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 04:49:11 PM »
Cook, nice comments. I am also impressed with the "bow down" image. You are more tech savvy than me

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »
If you hover your cursor over the pic, info about the pic appears, including owner's name. Same with pics in articles, except they include photo credits. :)
Kurt S
CRG

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
Google is your best friend.  

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »
Thanks for the recognition CRG.  My 67 does not deserve to be on the same page as those two beauties..      That 68 is outsanding.  69 is great too but the 68's hold a special place for me..   ;D

Cool Darrell,  I like all 3 cars, congrats to all!   I think it was kind of neat to do all the same color.  
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »

My warning to you may get me kicked off the CRG, not sure of his influence on our site.

Either that or he will see to it that more of my ideas and views are censured and are not part of the discussion.

Hopefully it is just limited to me, I would hate to find this type of tampering with posts is the norm.
 :-\

Your post was not tampered with over at Yenko.net. It was removed and your were sent a message that you apparently ignored because you apparently posted again. Your post was then edited. The for sale section is for people to place their cars for sale. When posting they don't really want your kind of comments. For awhile we had disabled the reply ability in order to prevent your type of comment. People asked that it be turned back on and we did with the understanding that it is not a place to come and pick someones car apart. If there is something that you know is fraudulent we want to know but we don't want comments like "too much money" Crappy paint" etc.  Your wiper arm comment was not needed. Sorry if you felt so disrespected you had to come over here and whine about it. If you don't get it then I guess you don't get it.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »
Apparently you don't understand the meaning of "forum". 

If you interpret my warning as a whine that is your prerogative. I have since squashed it with the editor on Yenko privately. But as you have seen to it in the past, if you would like to bash me some more thats fine. I can see we still have a long way to go ....

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 12:33:41 AM »
Apparently you think because it is a forum you can post whatever you want. Welcome to reality.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »
Ok Mr. Wizard...

Forum -  a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. OR from websters:

c :  a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

I think the reality is the Yenko site is monitored with a humorless wit. Where only white washed "nice car " commits are condonned.

My comments were a warning, (I now see with some it is warranted)and to be careful because some moderators or members need protecting from such cruel wiper comments.

The target is still on my back I see.  :D  (funny)

anything