Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Identifying Original Console Gauges

(1/10) > >>

cook_dw:
Ive got a couple gauges and I want to know for certain that they are original and not repops.  Is there anything that stands out?  Only thing I see is that these have Made in the USA where I see repops that do not say that.  Also the style of rivet looks different.  Also there is a difference between the gauge faces; fuel is bare and the amp looks to be painted or coated silver..??..   Thoughts?

69Z28:
Hey Darrell, the top two look like my gauges. The faces look like brushed stainless. The amp gauge COULD be a service replacement, maybe??? I don't  think they are reproductions in any case. Those wouldn't have Made in USA on them. I'm sure there will be others posting to confirm. I often wondered if there was more then one supplier myself.

cook_dw:

--- Quote from: 69Z28 on February 05, 2014, 02:53:57 AM ---Hey Darrell, the top two look like my gauges. The faces look like brushed stainless. The amp gauge COULD be a service replacement, maybe??? I don't  think they are reproductions in any case. Those wouldn't have Made in USA on them. I'm sure there will be others posting to confirm. I often wondered if there was more then one supplier myself.

--- End quote ---

Good point.  Another thing to note is that the color of the needles are different.  Fuel gauge needle was painted before being peened were as the amp need was painted after.

ggtsvnv:
 Is it possible that the AMP gauge came from a Nova?  Nova's used the console gauges up till like 77 I believe. I know I had a 76 Nova SS with them but it has been so long I don't remember exactly what they looked like.

cook_dw:
Nova's as were black face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page