CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103289 Posts in 12153 Topics by 4689 Members
Latest Member: merle
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  69 brake booster with drums
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 brake booster with drums  (Read 675 times)
dkpilot

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »

Hopefully a quick question.

I have drums all the way around. Looking to add a booster. Will NOT be doing a disk conversion.

I believe I will need a different master cylinder, correct?

How about the proportioning valve?, do I need one, or are those for the disk brakes?

Anything else I need to think about?
rich69rs

LF7/M35/Z22/Z87

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »

Drum brake master cylinder for power brakes (p/n 5460465) has dual bleed valves, one for front and one for rear, due to the master cylinder being mounted at an incline when bolted to the booster.  The correct master cylinder (if configured / rebuilt properly) also has RPV's (Residual Pressure Valves - a type of check valve) internally at each connection behind the seats.    The RPV's prevent pressure bleed down back into the master cylinder and keep the shoes properly positioned.  No proportioning valve needed.

Attached link has some good information and used to have some attachments which for some reason are no longer there.

Maybe Kurt or one of the other moderators can address the missing attachments.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=5983.0

Richard Thomas
1969 RS
KevinW

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:57:39 AM »

The power drum master was not available where I looked.  I just put a repro power disc master and booster in my 4 wheel drum Camaro, without a prop valve, works great!  Did have to reuse one hard line from dist block to rear master due to the fittings being different.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: