Author Topic: RPO PA2 Mag-style cover  (Read 3132 times)

68ashgoldRS/SS

• View Profile
RPO PA2 Mag-style cover
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:34:10 AM »
According to the RPO option sheet, RPO PA2 "Mag-style cover" is type "B" available in 68 and 69.  Since this was a type b, can it be assumed that it was not available  for early 68 cars (Oct 67 build)?  The N96 option is the type "A"....

Ed Denney from South Jordan Utah

1968 Camaro RS/SS -Restored
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod-Project in progress
1956 Dodge D100 Pickup -Project
1936 US Soldier, Dad -Best Friend

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: RPO PA2 Mag-style cover
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:11:30 AM »
Why would you suggest that?
I don't recall seeing any availability issues with either cap. An early 68 order form may add more insight.
Kurt S
CRG

68ashgoldRS/SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
Thanks Kurt.   Just want to make sure that I'm going with the correct (born with covers) on my resto.  They were on the car when I first laid eyes on the car back in the early 70's, but was not sure if they were upgraded to that after my Uncle purchased it.    I found a nice set of NOS covers, and was debating on using them over my Ralley wheels (For original "look" alone :))  In going through documentation via CRG i guess I just assumed that "Type B" was a rev to "Type A".  And if that was the case, it may have come later in the model year.  My car has an Oct 67 production date, hence the question.  Are you aware of an archive of public "build sheets" or Order forms out there that I can dig into?  Thanks again for your comment.  Ed
Ed Denney from South Jordan Utah

1968 Camaro RS/SS -Restored
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod-Project in progress
1956 Dodge D100 Pickup -Project
1936 US Soldier, Dad -Best Friend

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
It just indicates that there were two version. I'd run them, they look good, and different.
Kurt S
CRG

anything