Author Topic: 68 ivy gold sail panels  (Read 3073 times)

68ashgoldRS/SS

• View Profile
68 ivy gold sail panels
« on: January 22, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »
I replaced my headliner 10+ years ago, and stuck with the original sail panels as they were in great shape. They have since deteriated and wanted to replace them...  The old panel color matched perfectly with the replacement headliner.  I just ordered and recieved a set of PUI replacements, and the color is WAY off (much lighter green/gold).  Anyone know of a vendor that may have panels available with the correct (original) Ivy Gold color? Unfortunatley I do not remember who I got the headliner from.... (my bad.... should have replaced the panels at the same time).  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, Ed
Ed Denney from South Jordan Utah

1968 Camaro RS/SS -Restored
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod-Project in progress
1956 Dodge D100 Pickup -Project
1936 US Soldier, Dad -Best Friend

JKZ27

• View Profile
Re: 68 ivy gold sail panels
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
This may be tough. I replaced my entire interior recently using Legendary Interiors. Their gold is listed as Willow Gold which I think is a Corvette color. They sent me a color sample in about a 1" square that when held up against my old door panels it looked close.(My original headliner was long gone) But, when compared in large sections, there was an obvious difference...its more light green than gold. I don't know exactly how the Ivy Gold interiors were configured as far as different colored components. Like, did the headliner color match the seat color? Or, was it more green like the metal dash? Do the sunvisors match the headliner?etc,etc...
The sail panels I got from Legendary were nice but I did have to reposition the mounting points. They didn't have the little metal pieces attached to the back like the factory, instead they had cardboard or fiberboard squares with holes for the clips glued on. I had to peel them off and re glue them so the panel lined up better.

I have a standard interior. If your interior is known original I'd like to know what pieces were obviously different colors or shades.

John
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

68ashgoldRS/SS

• View Profile
Re: 68 ivy gold sail panels
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
Hey John, thanks for the response. I think before I order another set, I'll have samples sent to me from each of the manufacturers!  The "original" headliner and sail panels are more of a "olive" green then the new product I recieved (PUI).  I have some of the original headliner material, and would be glad to send you a sample of it if you would like!  This would at least give you a reference.  The headliner color is definitley darker, and more "olive drab" green than the standard ivy gold vinyl seats/panel material.   My dash pad and grab handle is actually a "forest green" color, as well as the metal dash between it and the windshield. The metal trim on the back ledge below the side windows and rear glass is also that darker color.  I think they call it "dark ivy gold".
Ed Denney from South Jordan Utah

1968 Camaro RS/SS -Restored
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod-Project in progress
1956 Dodge D100 Pickup -Project
1936 US Soldier, Dad -Best Friend

anything