Not a survivor, but at least it's a much better color than all those orange cars..... Kurt you had me laughing with that one....
surprised Gary hasn't chimed in with a response.
I do like the color, you see a lot of the blue, orange, green, I don't see as many burgundy. But i am sure those colors (blue, orange, green) ended up selling a lot of cars for them because of the popularity.
Burgandy IS a nice color; lots better than all the blue and red camaros owned by guys that sooner or later want to repaint to *simulate* an Orange Hugger..
But, it's very easy to understand their desire when one considers these other 'facts' about the 'Color Orange'...
1. "International orange is a color used in the aerospace industry to set objects apart from their surroundings, similar to safety orange". This color is also VERY similar to Hugger orange, so perhaps that's why Chevrolet chose this color for their 'hugger' camaro, which has the safety aspect to set 'Hugger Orange Camaros apart - from all the plain jane colored cars, and alert other drivers to stay out of the way for their own safety?
2. "Orange" is the 'color' worn by engineering graduate students during advanced degree graduation ceremonies.
3. Orange is a power color. It is one of the healing colors. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere. Lady luck's color is orange. I have been told that if a change of any kind is need in life, just burn an orange candle for 7 nights.
4. Orange is a bright, provocative color. It's a hue we associate with sunset, reminds us of trick-or-treat, or brightens an otherwise dull day.
5. The color orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow.
6. With its enthusiasm for life, the color orange relates to adventure and risk-taking, inspiring physical confidence, competition and independence. 7. Those inspired by orange are always on the go!
8. the color Orange is extroverted and uninhibited, often encouraging exhibitionism or, at the very least, showing-off!
9. The color orange relates to social communication, stimulating two way conversations. A warm and inviting color, it is both physically and mentally stimulating, so it gets people thinking and talking!
There are many more, but I think this list more than adequately explains why EVERYONE has a secret desire for a HUGGER ORANGE Camaro..