CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106549 Posts in 12423 Topics by 4788 Members
Latest Member: capt68
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  console gauge lights
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: console gauge lights  (Read 573 times)
Rufcar

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »

I have installed the gauge tach set and everything works as it should. That said I noticed today that the console gauge lights are on when every the car is running, is that correct? I thought the lights would only be on when you pulled out the light switch?
Jim
Everett#2390

^Jake

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »

No, OE design has the gray wire attached to INST spade on fuse panel, or tied into radio harness.
I would probably leave well enough alone as the gauges light up when the ign sw is in IGN or ACC.
Not a bad thing, my own personal preference as I wire the 'dash' lights with incoming ign power.

A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.
Rufcar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:52:33 PM »

Thanks for the input, I thought that's where I had it plugged. Ill ck it out tomorrow as I prefer the bulbs on only when dash is on. With the copper line I ran to my oil press gauge its a lot of work to take apart the console to replace bulbs. Tkx jim
Rufcar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

Everett. I pulled the grey wire plug moved it and now all is right with the world!~ Tkx Jim
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »

With the copper line I ran to my oil press gauge....
Yikes. We lost one test car when it burned to the ground due to a copper line - could still see the marks on the highway for years later. Melted the wheels off of it.
I personally almost burned up a test car that had a copper oil line.
I'd never use a copper oil or fuel line.....

Kurt S
CRG
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »

With the copper line I ran to my oil press gauge....
Yikes. We lost one test car when it burned to the ground due to a copper line - could still see the marks on the highway for years later. Melted the wheels off of it.
I personally almost burned up a test car that had a copper oil line.
I'd never use a copper oil or fuel line.....

Correct!  Copper tubing work-hardens with vibration, then fatigue-cracks and fails (and it's used in a lot of aftermarket kits); that's why GM used copper-PLATED steel oil pressure lines before they changed to nylon - they look like copper, but they're steel.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: