Author Topic: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available  (Read 458656 times)

rsinor

• View Profile
Re: So you think you have a Dana, Nickey,Berger Baldwin, etc...?
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2014, 03:01:42 AM »
Does that mean if the hobbyists don't have your dealer in the database it will just be a number, on the report you get from them? Sorry just trying to understand the relationship of who has what information

It means that we use GM records not the online database. There will be an occasional deler number and zone we cant read because of missing or damaged microfiche.  There will be an occasional dealer name missing or that we cant read. We have found over 90% in our Corvette research. 

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2014, 03:56:58 AM »
thanks. so your saying if the original records for some reason got damaged, then the hobbyists may fill in the blanks on dealers. very good.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »
Hello everyone, is this the same database as NICB?
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »
Let me put this fire out before it gets started.  Sometimes words get lost in translation.  The dealer database which is linked to the wording in the order process is not what we use. That data base as it explains is hobbyist created, it does provide some invaluable information and we suggest that you input your data when you receive it, but it is not maintained by NCRS it is hobbyist created, therefore not all information in it can be documented or supported. The data you get will come from the GM file. Not the aniline database. ;)
Roy, I apologise unreservedly if I misunderstood the wording of the email confirmation note, and caused any offence in the process. I had understood it to mean that NCRS got the dealer code from the GM records, but that the decoding of that code into a dealer name and address came from the database that was compiled from owner-provided details. Having re-read the wording, I understand the intent, that the database is not maintained by NCRS but that we can assist in it's accuracy by providing the info that our report, based on contemporary GM data, provides.
Thank you for clarifying, and once again, sorry for my confusion. This is a great service that is very much appreciated.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

rsinor

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
Let me put this fire out before it gets started.  Sometimes words get lost in translation.  The dealer database which is linked to the wording in the order process is not what we use. That data base as it explains is hobbyist created, it does provide some invaluable information and we suggest that you input your data when you receive it, but it is not maintained by NCRS it is hobbyist created, therefore not all information in it can be documented or supported. The data you get will come from the GM file. Not the aniline database. ;)
Roy, I apologise unreservedly if I misunderstood the wording of the email confirmation note, and caused any offence in the process. I had understood it to mean that NCRS got the dealer code from the GM records, but that the decoding of that code into a dealer name and address came from the database that was compiled from owner-provided details. Having re-read the wording, I understand the intent, that the database is not maintained by NCRS but that we can assist in it's accuracy by providing the info that our report, based on contemporary GM data, provides.
Thank you for clarifying, and once again, sorry for my confusion. This is a great service that is very much appreciated.

No apologies necessary or required. I just want everyone to understand, the online database referred to in the email which is located on the NCRS web site, has nothing to do with this service. That database is hobbyist generated and the input is not verified prior to entry, you can take the data we give you and update the database if you wish. The Shipping Data Service provided by NCRS uses only GM records from GM and if holes exist in the GM records we do not use the database to fill the holes, simply because the holes are unconfirmed by GM and if or when we are able to confirm a missing dealer through our ongoing research one it will no longer be a hole in the GM records...

rsinor

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
guys be patient the roll out will be a big task on our end, but hopefully we will have no major glitches.

Roy, would it help if we waited a month or so to order?

Paul

At this pint waiting wont get it any quicker there are many in queue we will process them as expediently as possible.  For the start up we are dedicating more time to the process than we will in several months, so the turnaround will be about the same.

rsinor

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »

I can only tell that there have been some conflicts between the two results. In other words what we have has produced different results on several occasions than what someone already had from the NICB.

Two things in this respect I'm told on good authority the NICB files are no longer researchable with out case numbers. Our research indicates the GM records contain more data than what we have seen from the NICB files..

Nikke

• View Profile
Re: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
From NCRS

We are missing the following data:
1969 Camaro 9N508855 to 9N587275
1970 Chevelle made in Atlanta, Seventh digit would be A.

NCRS does not anticipate nor have we been authorized to offer any additional GM brand information.

So from Sept 68 to end of Jan 69 NOR is missing.
Nikke

6667ss138

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »
Yeah, I just noticed that and was going to post it as well.
It doesn't affect me but I feel bad for those that it will affect.
That will pretty much exclude all of the pre X coded cars  :(

https://www.chevymuscledocs.com/index.php
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:06:46 PM by 6667ss138 »

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »
Thanks Ed. I just filled out the form. It was very straight forward and  easy to process my request. !!!

TMR
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

z28z11

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »

I can only tell that there have been some conflicts between the two results. In other words what we have has produced different results on several occasions than what someone already had from the NICB.

Two things in this respect I'm told on good authority the NICB files are no longer researchable with out case numbers. Our research indicates the GM records contain more data than what we have seen from the NICB files..

From NCRS

"We are missing the following data:
NCRS does not anticipate nor have we been authorized to offer any additional GM brand information.
So from Sept 68 to end of Jan 69 NOR is missing. "

This is going to throw my request out - my Camaro falls in this range. What now ? Do I get refunded, or do I switch my VIN request to the next one I need ?

1968 Z28 M21/U17 BRG/W 1967 Chevy ll Nova SS 
1969 Z28 X77/M20/VE3 LeMans/W
1969 L78 X66/N66 Cortez/BVT
1969 Z11 L48/M35/C60/C06  1949 3100 5wd 235/6

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »
Wow 78,420  "69" camaro's not listed!!! :'(
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
Well just because it is missing doesn't mean it will be missing forever. Maybe in the future this data will turn up.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2014, 03:33:57 PM »

From NCRS

"We are missing the following data:
So from Sept 68 to end of Jan 69 NOR is missing. "

This is going to throw my request out - my Camaro falls in this range. What now ? Do I get refunded, or do I switch my VIN request to the next one I need ?

He mentioned previously that if no data was found on a vin that the money would be refunded.

z28z11

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
Roughly 78,000 in the same boat ? At least that's 3545 pages they won't have to look through.

Speaking of coincidence - amazing it's missing the non-X code dates for Camaros. I've got the dealer info and MSO for two of my four, the Pace Car is coded, but my original-block documented L78 is the one I was interested in finding out more about, since it's an early, non-X coded car. Shame -

Regards -
1968 Z28 M21/U17 BRG/W 1967 Chevy ll Nova SS 
1969 Z28 X77/M20/VE3 LeMans/W
1969 L78 X66/N66 Cortez/BVT
1969 Z11 L48/M35/C60/C06  1949 3100 5wd 235/6