Author Topic: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available  (Read 459741 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available
« Reply #495 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »
The report will list the dealer if known. If not, it will list the dealer code and zone, and you can start tracking down from there.
Good luck and welcome to the CRG! :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cericksen

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 26, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »
Just ordered mine! Order # 6671.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 26, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »
Welcome to the CRG!
When you have time, start a post and tell us about your car, (pics are a huge bonus for us)

thanks
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cericksen

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 15, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
Just received my report! I will compile some pictures for next post, but here's the information the report gave me.

Official Production Date: 3/6/1969
Dealer Code 262
Zone 6

Time to do some homework!

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
Zone # 6 is California and Nevada, no dealer information.
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

cericksen

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 15, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »
Thanks Vince. Yes, it's California. Hopefully I can find some information on the dealer now.

Dave Caine

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 10, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »
Hello all,
Thanks to CRG, I clicked the link on Monday and got an envelope in the mail on Friday (which was a pleasant surprise considering the email confirmation that told me it would be 30 days).

The dealer my car was sold new at was Kovich Chevrolet in Tamaqua PA. Apparently, at some point it  became Hosak Pontiac and the address now shows a construction company but when I google map it, I see nothing remotely looking like any hint of a dealership of any sort ever being near there.

Is there any chance anyone here has ever heard of that place &/or may know anything about it?
I'm guessing its a dead end but I'd like to believe there is a box of files in a storage unit somewhere and someone knows someone who used to work there etc ...
I mean, a guy can dream, right?

thanks in advance,
Dave
So many cars ... So little time

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »
Here's some info:
If you goggle Martin Kovich, Tamaqua PA you'll get some hits to call:

Paul Winvoices

CDB

• View Profile
Re: Success Motors
« Reply #503 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Contact this company and see if there's any relationships here:
http://www.successmotorstulsa.com/(aqcjvy55r3mo3i551xzhfk45)/mindex.aspx?UserName=oksuccessmotors

https://casetext.com/case/farmer-v-state-123

http://law.justia.com/cases/oklahoma/supreme-court/1927/50245.html

Paul

Thanks for the lead Paul, but I heard back from them today and they aren't related to the Success Motor Co. I'm looking for. They're the only active car company in OK called something with "Success Motor" that I can see from the registrations on the OK Secretary of State website.

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 01, 2017, 02:31:02 PM »
Dealer 35 Zone 166 is: J&B Chevrolet and Oldsmobile, 4 Prospect St, Belvidere, NJ. Prior to J&B the Chevrolet Dealership at this same location was Stewart Chevrolet who had been there since at least the 30's. J&B sold to Riverside Chevrolet who was owned by Ed Rossi who still owns NJ Dealerships. Currently the building is owned and operated by Crossflags Corvettes and Vintage Motorcars. I spoke to Bill the owner and he confirmed J&B being there prior to Riverside. He has already scoured over the building and no records anywhere, just an old safe that still shows Stewart Chevrolet. He has a pic of the building when owned bu Stewart on his web site:
http://www.cvette.com/

Paul Winvoices

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 01, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »
I contacted the Belvidere NJ library reference department looking for original listings for J&B.
They sent me the attached, so we know J&B was there in 1970.

Paul

CDB

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 07, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »
Thanks. Good information to have and fast service.

If anyone reading this has information on "Success Motor Company" from  Tahlequah, Oklahoma, please message me. All I have been able to find on them is that their dealership location now belongs to a state university, the registered agents are now deceased, and have heard rumors that they became a different dealership in the area.

After a few months, this is what I have found. I'm posting so anyone that ends up finding this can have a better starting point than I did. If you ever have more success than I did, please reach out to me.

Success Motor Co. sold in the 70's to Jim D. Hopkins, who ran Jim Hopkins Chrysler and Jim Hopkins Ford. That then sold to Darrell Yates, becoming Darrell Yates Automall, inc. That sold, and is presently as of September, 2017, Tommy Nix Auto Group LLC. The receptionist at Tommy Nix is as far as I've been able to get, and she says they have no documents. I've been unable to track down either Jim  Hopkins or Darrell Yates.

RRMs69Z

• View Profile
I just received myNCRS report
« Reply #507 on: September 19, 2017, 02:36:46 AM »
My 69 Z was delivered to Robert Chevrolet (Long Island NY) with a production date of 8-29-69. Looks like the dealership is still in business. I sent them an email requesting any info they may have on old sales. Let me know if anyone has any info on this dealer that may help in my investigation of my car. Thanks. 

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 19, 2017, 02:56:52 AM »
RPMS...  your Camaro is about as late an Aug 69 production possible... Does it have the vinyl VIN sticker inside the jamb area of the drivers door?? 
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 19, 2017, 04:06:39 AM »
Robert Chevrolet is still there and still in the same family. Owner races cars on the side. I just bought an Equinox there a few months ago for my sis-in-law. There is no paperwork anywhere in that place left over.
The ad below was found behind the sheet rock last renovation.

Paul