Author Topic: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available  (Read 458669 times)

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Original dealer info for 1st gens is available
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2014, 01:50:37 AM »
More info here- http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3481298-ncrs-absurdity.html
The word 'implosion' comes to mind after reading it. Even smaller car clubs I know of here on Long Island, internal politics gets in the way often and leads to member strife. I can only image with a larger organization such as NCRS that this can happen too. People = egos too often is the case.
I've seen far better stability in outlaw motorcycle clubs over the years when it comes to organizational internal politics.  ;)
  I was hoping to get my other Camaro researched but now that Roy is gone I wonder if that service will be available anymore.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

cam69aro

• 38,000 mile Jerry MacNeish certified z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »
so it seems to me they threaten law suits because somebody speaks their mind ? won`t correct a judging guide that has been wrong for a decade ? then close down the documentation service that makes them money ? it sure does seem like some big ego`s clashing and not playing nice. kind of like school yard bullies. i guess charging 50.00 just to see where a car was sold new they maybe should keep it going. lets see, 200,000 plus camaros, now add how ever many nova`s and chevelles that adds up to alot of coin. interesting to see where this goes. great read by the way, thanks for posting the link.
Eldon W 1969 z28 Black with born with driveline X77 38,000 miles-sold
2016 z06/z07 Corvette Black

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »
Eldon, I'm not familiar with what is/has been going on within the NCRS at a wider level, but do know from Roy's comments here and elsewhere that the amount of time involved in cataloging and sorting all the microfiche data for the Shipper Reports into searchable records is so extensive, especially given the Nova/Camaro/Chevelle records cover many final assembly plants, in comparison to Corvette records.
Would imagine it's possible that the fee barely covers the NCRS team's costs.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

rsinor

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:25 AM »
so it seems to me they threaten law suits because somebody speaks their mind ? won`t correct a judging guide that has been wrong for a decade ? then close down the documentation service that makes them money ? it sure does seem like some big ego`s clashing and not playing nice. kind of like school yard bullies. i guess charging 50.00 just to see where a car was sold new they maybe should keep it going. lets see, 200,000 plus camaros, now add how ever many nova`s and chevelles that adds up to alot of coin. interesting to see where this goes. great read by the way, thanks for posting the link.

Eldon - not defending NCRS here for sure but before you put to much stock in what you read from the whiners, you should try and find an organization that has done a better job of promoting restoration in the car hobby world. The recent actions by the current directors are not reflective of how the organization got where it is.

cam69aro

• 38,000 mile Jerry MacNeish certified z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2014, 05:35:25 AM »
Tim, Roy, that would be all the more reason to keep the service going, every 50.00 back to the organization is 50.00 more in the kitty. there must be a few people that are still waiting for their info. Roy must have been the one and only person doing all this research if it all of a sudden stops ? Thank you Roy for all you did for this group and for the corvette owners too.
Eldon W 1969 z28 Black with born with driveline X77 38,000 miles-sold
2016 z06/z07 Corvette Black

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »

Eldon - not defending NCRS here for sure but before you put to much stock in what you read from the whiners, you should try and find an organization that has done a better job of promoting restoration in the car hobby world. The recent actions by the current directors are not reflective of how the organization got where it is.

I'm a member of the NCRS and as Roy (thank you Roy for your NCRS service over the many years) stated "find an organization that has done a better job of promoting restoration". I've said many times I wish we in this great Camaro hobby had an organization that was similar and had a guideline for restoration.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

I'm a member of the NCRS and as Roy (thank you Roy for your NCRS service over the many years) stated "find an organization that has done a better job of promoting restoration". I've said many times I wish we in this great Camaro hobby had an organization that was similar and had a guideline for restoration.

The funny thing is we have most if not all the pieces of the puzzle right here they just need to be put together.   ;)

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
DW, I was thinking the same thought. We do have "all the pieces"". Yet, After reading many of the comments on the Corvette site, I can see how dissention can occur.

What I am reffering to is that someone(group) decides on a standard to judge the cars by and everyone scrambles to make their car conform.

Yet, here on CRG, we kind of celebrate the diversity and realize and document the variances we find. It is a learning process. To say all the cars(insert your year and model) are "cookie cutter" exact would erase what all the years of site research have netted. An example: My 396 car has (had) only one screw holding the RH tailpipe hanger on and only 2 clips holding the muncie speedo cable in place. Although the AIM shows and I know both these details are not in conformance with what is known as correct, I am leaving the car "as found" even if it would cause "points" loss, which has no interest to me. On the other hand, with the flame paint job it had, I am glad there are documented examples of stripes, and other details I can reference, here, on the site.
To summarize: it is good to know how it should be when restoring and also good to keep it unique knowing things were not exact on the assembly line. NCRS, while probably the best organization promoting the Vette, has, or can have, inherent flaws in establishing conformity regarding judging standards.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Yet, here on CRG, we kind of celebrate the diversity and realize and document the variances we find. It is a learning process. To say all the cars(insert your year and model) are "cookie cutter" exact would erase what all the years of site research have netted. ........snip.......

Although the AIM shows and I know both these details are not in conformance with what is known as correct, I am leaving the car "as found" even if it would cause "points" loss, which has no interest to me.
  Two of the best observations I have seen and fully agree with and live by. If every car was from a 'cookie cutter' then there would be no reason for a research group, now would there? The major thing that keeps me staying with CRG is it doesn't operate in a rigid and sterile mode, as if often the case with other organizations.
  I have been in this group long enough to see some parts that were once considered to be wrong now accepted as being correct and actually used. An example is the brass oil line used on early 67's vs. the rubber grommet. The brass union was considered after market until more people started to come forward with their examples of the brass fittings with the same vendor stampings.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »
I certainly do not think it needs to be an exact copy of the NCRS...  My comment was referring to the forum.

TODD

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »
So, if I put in my request for my documentation on 6/4 what should I expect a check back saying we no longer offer this service?
Hmm. Will they finish existing orders?

z28z11

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2014, 04:22:49 AM »
We'll find out - just placed my second order. Site is still working, order acknowledged by Marilyn Heitzman, Chevy Muscle Docs Historical Document Services Administrator. I'll report back when (and if) it arrives.

Thanks again to Roy for all the work he put into this over the last many months. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one goes through (first one was in the group of "no shows").

Regards
1968 Z28 M21/U17 BRG/W 1967 Chevy ll Nova SS 
1969 Z28 X77/M20/VE3 LeMans/W
1969 L78 X66/N66 Cortez/BVT
1969 Z11 L48/M35/C60/C06  1949 3100 5wd 235/6

Ue

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
Thanks to NCRS, I received my shipping report today.
Order number - 912 (time to delivery was exactly 30 days as promised which is good considering it had to come to Australia).
Dealer code 107 in zone 19.
Dealer - Courtesy Chevrolet, Medford, Oregon.

I've searched but cannot find any information on this dealership except for one in Arizona and another in San Jose. Does anyone have any info on them or know where I could start looking?
Cheers,
Ue.

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »
Ue, it's not in the best condition, but you may be interested in this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360306775272
If so, better be quick as it has a couple of watchers and a few offers been made.
Note that it won't quite fit a standard size Aus plate, but depending what state you're in, you can get standard US-sized plates, NSW (where I am) being one of them. Otherwise just a cool bit of relevant period memorabilia for your shed/workshop wall.

EDIT: did some searching. Found a thread regarding a car that was sold new from that dealership, link HERE. Couple of the photos show 2 different addresses, which look (as best I can tell) like:
Corner S Riverside & Barnett, Medford OR
and
227 E 9th PO Box Medford OR
Can't find anything current under that dealer name, although there is still a dealer on S Riverside - Dollar Buick GMC.
Also note that on the 1980 paperwork via the link above, the dealer code is 19-108, which is different from the 19-107 on your NCRS Report; seems the dealer codes could change over the years, so would imagine sometime between when your car sold and 1980 it was changed from 107 to 108.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:39:35 AM by ZLP955 »
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

6667ss138

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
Thanks to NCRS, I received my shipping report today.
Order number - 912 (time to delivery was exactly 30 days as promised which is good considering it had to come to Australia).
Dealer code 107 in zone 19.
Dealer - Courtesy Chevrolet, Medford, Oregon.

I've searched but cannot find any information on this dealership except for one in Arizona and another in San Jose. Does anyone have any info on them or know where I could start looking?

Ue, with Roy now gone, I'm just curious. Who signed your report?