Author Topic: Still needing decent window felts for '68  (Read 2707 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Still needing decent window felts for '68
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:57:11 AM »
I am still looking for a decent set of inner and outer weather strip window felts for my '68. My car has the belt reveal moldings on top of the doors and the deluxe interior.

I tried a set of Repops. The outside strips were terrible. The prongs on them that go through the reveal moldings and then fold over to hold it in place were not stamped out all the way and were impossible top pry up. They were unusable.

I have a set of PUI's now. PUI part number 236-1. They are no prize either. The outer strips were decent but the inner ones are not right. The bends in the 1/4 window strips are terrible. Instead of the bend being formed uniformly like the original, it looks like they took a piece that was formed flat and just squashed it with something, distorting it........The positioning of the flat stainless steel bead on top of all the inners  is wrong. It does not cover as much of the door panel vinyl as the original. About an 1/8 inch less. The bead from the original door panel strip left a permanent indentation in the vinyl and that would show if I used the PUI.

The PUI's also have a chrome or stainless bead on the top of the outside strips which is not correct but I could have lived with.

So I am wondering if anyone with a '68 deluxe interior and reveal molding combination had found a good set of these that look and function like originals.

Thanks.....Dave

althomas55

• View Profile
Re: Still needing decent window felts for '68
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
You could try restoration specialties in Windber Pa. My cousin had the same issue several years ago on his 68 z with deluxe interior and the chrome beltline , he took them his originals and they made him a set up and supposedly kept a pattern for that style.Good luck

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
68 RS clone 468/4spd

anything