Author Topic: Need Driver Side Front Wheelwell Molding for 69 Camaro  (Read 1800 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Need Driver Side Front Wheelwell Molding for 69 Camaro
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
Hey guys,

I recently got my 69 back from the paint shop.  They did a really nice job, however, during the build, thry pre-fit the wheel well moldings, and messed one of them up.  What upsets me a little is the fact that I gave them a complete factory OE set in which three of them, including the front driver side, were still brand new in the GM packaging.  The guy who installed it was obviously unsure of where to drill the holes, and simply started drilling hole after hole, and even drilled several holes side by side and touching.  He then took snips to the top and instead of drilling holes, cut notches out where he could hopefully just loosen the upper bolts and slide the molding under them.  What makes it worse, is NOT one single hole is in the proper space.

To take a 40 somehting year of NOS trim piece still in the GM wrapper, and cut it up and ruin it makes cringe.  As most of you know, this part is not easily obtained.

Well, the owner agreed with me and says he will replace it.  Now, I have the job of trying to find one.  I doesn't have to be new, but a a nice used one will work as well.  If anyone has one or knows where to find one, and is willing to sell it, I would be forever in your debt.  I understand it won't be cheap, and am willing to spend the money.  The entire exterior is completely back together except for this one last trim piece, and I would love to get it done.  I plan to post a pic of it on the home page for February, is that is my birth month.  I am hoping the idiot that puts these photos in the monthly lineup will accept my photo and post it for that month.  I hear he can be a real jerk sometimes.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

anything