Author Topic: Convertible and Folding Seats  (Read 3874 times)

resjud

• View Profile
Convertible and Folding Seats
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:02:19 AM »
I recently bought a 1967 Camaro SS 350 with convertible top and folding rear seat option. When the rear seat is folded, there is no trunk partition. Rather, it is just bare metal.  I have checked many sites to look for a trunk partition, but they only state that the partitions are not for folding rear seats.  Is this correct?

x66 714

• View Profile
Re: Convertible and Folding Seats
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

resjud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 05:26:15 PM »
I thought that part was for the back of the seat itself.  I was looking for something to cover the bare metal frame that is part of the trunk. (If that makes sense  :-\)

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:17:56 AM »
Resjud, I recently was going to install an original seat divider panel I bought but found out it was for a convertible not a coupe. Below is a picture of the back side showing how it was glued on without screws along the top. The coupe panel is shorter than the convertible. They definitely reproduce both coupe & convertible divider panels. George

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:50 AM »
I thought that part was for the back of the seat itself.  I was looking for something to cover the bare metal frame that is part of the trunk. (If that makes sense  :-\)

The back of the upper fold-down seat has bound carpet glued to it.  That fiberboard covers the structure that separates the trunk from the passenger compartment.  You should have a metal gutter like this on that structure near the floor, that the bottom of the fiberboard sits in:
http://www.camarocentral.com/1967_1969_Camaro_Fold_Down_Rear_Seat_Divider_Tra_p/int-477.htm

If you scroll down on this link you'll see how it goes together:
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7927.0

resjud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 03:34:19 AM »
Thanks a bunch. Yes, the car has a gutter at the bottom, and thus why I thought it was odd that it would just have bare metal.  I now know what to look for.  :)