Author Topic: 1st gen subframe details, ...add a section? ...thoughts ...?  (Read 4401 times)

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
1st gen subframe details, ...add a section? ...thoughts ...?
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:25:04 PM »
 I noticed this thread over at Team Camaro  http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?p=634217&posted=1#post634217
     ...aside from "can you add to what else is different?" ...it got me thinking that this would be a good topic to detail if not already included here on the CRG site. I'm sure the discussions have come up, ...but is there a section detailing the differences with the subframes on 1st gens (and variation with Novas, etc.)?   (I did look around and didn't see anything)
   I'm primarily a 67/68 (Camaro) guy, ...I know of some/most of the differences, but surely no expert.

...any thoughts on adding a section? 
   I'm sure you guys are busy, ...but if this were considered I'd be glad to do what I could to contribute.

Kevin

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
Re: 1st gen subframe details, ...add a section? ...thoughts ...?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:17:09 AM »
I'm no expert either, Kevin, and I'm in the middle of detailing my '68's subframe now. I took a lot of pictures when I disassembled it for I found yellow markings on the underside at the driver's-side spring pocket and on the front frame horn underside. There was also a yellow mark under the top right-side A-frame where the jounce bumper hits. And that's not counting the orange and lavender marks I found on the suspension. I find this stuff really neat! 
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior