CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 11:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103633 Posts in 12180 Topics by 4697 Members
Latest Member: greygoose01
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Original?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Original?  (Read 851 times)
jimbo67rag

View Profile Email
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:08:16 PM »

I have been an on off member of this site for 3 or 4 years but have been very busy with life the last year or so and have not been involved . I did own a sweet rs ss 67 ragtop clone for 4years but sold it this past June when we moved.  I recently bought another 67 ragtop and  immediatly put the car in storage to build a garage.  I am the fourth owner and have the original protector plate for the car. The previous owner says the car is numbers matching. I have not had time to confirm this due to the garage build and the car being in storage. It is a 327 four barrel 3 speed Saginaw with a deluxe/custom interior. 10 bolt open rear end.Manual brakes manual top.  This car has the factory set of console gauges and dash tack.  I know these features were all available at the time of production but is it a little odd to see a non rs ss car with the gauge package and deluxe interior with a 3 speed Saginaw.  Where the 3 speed sags  ;Dcommon in these cars.Help with info please.
x77-69z28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »

Low performance engines were not vin stamped in 67. The trim tag will tell you all options it left the factory with. Build a BIG garage. They fill up quick good luck with your new project.

69 x77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
67 rs/ss 350 butternut yellow 4 speed 2nd owner
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
11 cts-v blk diamond  edition wagon 556hp sick!
bcmiller
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »

I have been an on off member of this site for 3 or 4 years but have been very busy with life the last year or so and have not been involved . I did own a sweet rs ss 67 ragtop clone for 4years but sold it this past June when we moved.  I recently bought another 67 ragtop and  immediatly put the car in storage to build a garage.  I am the fourth owner and have the original protector plate for the car. The previous owner says the car is numbers matching. I have not had time to confirm this due to the garage build and the car being in storage. It is a 327 four barrel 3 speed Saginaw with a deluxe/custom interior. 10 bolt open rear end.Manual brakes manual top.  This car has the factory set of console gauges and dash tack.  I know these features were all available at the time of production but is it a little odd to see a non rs ss car with the gauge package and deluxe interior with a 3 speed Saginaw.  Where the 3 speed sags  ;Dcommon in these cars.Help with info please.

If you want, post some pics of the trim tag on the firewall and the Protect-o-Plate.  We can help you decode the information about options that way.  Or send them to me direct and I will email you back. 

There should be an assembly date and application code on the front pad of the engine block.  That should match the Protect-o-Plate.

I am not as familiar with 67s as 68s, but I believe the Saginaw 3 speed was the base transmission, so it is common.

1968 Camaro SS - now 468 BBC, M21, 12 bolt.
Bryon
ko-lek-tor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »

My 69 was ordered with 307, 4 spd, tach/guages, Unusual? Yes, I would say, but not unheard of. With so many 67-9's made almost any combination is conceivable. Sounds like a nice car and worth fixing up. Like BCMILLER said, "post some pics."

Putting you First...Keeps me First. Talent on loan from God. Helping the hobbyist and exposing the fraud
1969 SS/RS 396 coupe Hugger Orange X22 712 bought in 79
1969 SS 350 coupe LeMans Blue 713 bought in 79
1969 307 4spd. coupe Daytona Yellow 711 bought in 85
jimbo67rag

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »

Thanks for the responses everyone.  i will check out the trim tag as soon as I get my garage finished.  I have just finished putting up the board on the ceiling and will start on the walls tomorrow. Then paint and finish installing electrical and then I can take the car out of storage and bring it to its new home. I will attempt to post some pics tonight or tomorrow if I can find the time. Thanks again all.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: