Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

clips and seal for RH side inner fender brace

(1/5) > >>

69Z28-RS:
When I disassembled my front clip, I found my driver side inner fender brace still had the seals and clips installed, but on the passenger side, the seal/clips were missing (maybe from a body shop repair early in it's life?)..  Does anyone have an extra original one for the RH side?  The brace was there, but not the seal with clips.  Does anyone reproduce the seals and clips?   Per the AIM, the part numbers called out for each is for a 'brace assembly', implying that the brace with the seals/clips is a single PN, but the only repros I've found have been for the brace only..  no seals or clips.   Any information on this part is appreciated..

KevinW:
I have never seen a passenger side seal, like the one on the drivers side.

NoYenko:
Gary is this the splash shield you are referring to. If so it was installed to protect the wire harness connector, left side only. George

69Z28-RS:
Yes, it's the splash shield; The AIM simply refers to both sides as 'brace assembly' to include the splash shields and necessary clips.  My car did have the driver side in place, but not the splash shield on the passenger side.    When I saw the following ebay auction the other day, it made me think I was missing something, and I also bid on this auction, but did not and it was sold to someone else (This one included the braces and shields on both sides).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290987857632?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The AIM, and I indicated, was not very helpful, but it did reference both braces as 'assemblies' meaning more than one part each, as PN 3919135-6, Brace ASM -L. & RH.  in UPC 11-13, sheet B2, and on Sheet B1, it shows View B, and references a shield/clips on the passenger side (Seal pn 3949606, Clip pn 3921872, and several staples pn 9985029).  I do not have that passenger side seal/clips and I'd like to find one?

NoYenko:
Gary the brace assembly may be refering a part with nuts included, like a screw assembly. On sheet B1 it is stated left side only. Part #10 supports the shield and there would have to be an oposite shaped part to be used on the right side. I think what they are selling on Ebay is the right & left braces and two left side shields. George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page