Author Topic: Oil Pan leaks... ugh..  (Read 20947 times)

Stingr69

• View Profile
Re: Oil Pan leaks... ugh..
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
The Z/28 service replacement pan is still available from Chevrolet.  It now comes with the later "thick" style front seal surface in the front now but otherwise it is a direct replacement.  About $130 bucks or probably a little more these days.

-Mark.

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Thanks for the input Mark , I've seen them out there...just wanted some feedback on quality--not just looks-I've read nothing to suggest substandard, figured somebody on this site is using one.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

janobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
How did that one piece gasket work for you ? BTY you have a lot of goodies Gary, got any old traction bars ? Going Day 2 on the Z and looking for a set to rehab-shooting to have the car out for points 2015. My buddy is really stoked  to see how we can rate nationally. Reading rules yesterday stated parts period correct ,no more than 3 years from build date. Matching VIN ,right up my alley!  Leaving no stone unturned---let me know via personal message---steve

Tying the frame and ladder bars were superior--but keeping it in the 60's ,was told ladder bars out ? sub frame connectors I understand.

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
The GM pan is a quality piece.  It's basically as good in quality as the originals with the slight exception of the one I bought a few years ago was "Made in Canada".  It came with a heavy tough black paint coating on it.  I would buy one again without question for any build that could use it.

-Mark.

janobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »
Thanks Mark, I'll plan on it then.

anything