Author Topic: '68 fender "Camaro" script emblem location ???  (Read 3460 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
'68 fender "Camaro" script emblem location ???
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to locate the "Camaro" script emblems on the new fenders of my '68.

I can locate them vertically with the dimensions from the AIM with no problem as it gives dimensions from body line peak. Horizontally, the AIM gives the dimensions from a reference line whick looks to be the front of the firewall and would be harder to do......I was hoping I could get a dimension from the rear edge of the fender measured at the body peak line.

I made templates from my orignal fenders but was suprised when I compared the templates side by side two.  The edge of the emblem itself (not the holes) to the rear edge of the fender at the body peak line differed from side to side by 1 1/8 inches. This may be correct but I would have thought that this dimension would have been about the same on each side. That the emblem itself on each side would be in the same place even though they are facing oppsite directions

I had access to two other original fenders (assembly line take-offs) to take measurements on and the emblem location on them was different from my originals. One of them by FOUR inches!

So I don't know what is right and what is wrong.

I was hoping someone with emblems they know are in the factory correct locations could measure on their car the dimensions I have circled in red in the photos of my templates.......or could provide any other dimensions I could use to get these emblems in the right spot.

Thanks.....Dave

anything