Author Topic: Z10  (Read 10707 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Z10
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »
Again good info. Thanks for the continued looking out for a fellow CRG member.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

wtexz10

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 05:38:48 AM »
Wow, that's a pretty heady price for a questionable car in need of full assembly and paint!   Makes me feel better about mine if he gets it.  ;)
69 Camaro Z10.. 72 GMC C1500
79 Mazda RX7.. 79 Trans Am WS6
06 Corvette Z06.. 10 BMW 650i

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »
Now, I may be wrong here, but I am willing to bet this car was once a small block/automatic car.  First, the fact that the tunnel and pedals are for an automatic kinda back up this point.  If the tunnel was replaced or patched, then they did a darn nice job and I cannot see any seams that would indicate a patch put in place.  The hole on the tunnel is for an automatic as well.  Also, I have been tracking Z11's and Z10's for several years now and have a reasonable list going.  One thing I have noticed is that with the Z10's, they are built in lots of small blocks and big blocks, meaning that they did not build just one big block Z10 in the middle of a small block Z10 run and reverse.  In my list, I see several 350's being made, and then several 396's being made.  If this car were indeed a 396 car, it would be the only big block car made in the middle of a small block z10 production run.

Again, my list is not complete and comprenhensive, but if I go by the info I do have, than this car is either a small block car, or an anomoly. 

For the seller to advertise this car as a big block/manual trans car seems to be sketchy to me.  He advertises the engine and trans as "date coded" but cannot verify the partial VIN.  Without the drivetrain in place, no one can make this claim.  Having a date coded engine and trans does not mean the car is originally a big block car with manual transmission.  This car may very well have been a small block car with auto transmission.  The items that would indicate this car as a big block or a manual transmission car are somehow missing or in contradiciton.  The lack of the heater box, the pedals and trans tunnel for an automatic, etc.   

Also, according to the info I have, this car should have a black custom (comfortweave) interior, not white as provided with the car. 

Again, I may be wrong.  I can only go on what limited information I have.