Author Topic: storage  (Read 13515 times)

jims69

• View Profile
Re: storage
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »
Thanks John;  good advice,

Jim

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »
Great advice. But, for me, if there's no salt on the road I'm drivin it!
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »
Hey Guys....I came across this storage bag for classic cars.  It's called "Car Jacket".  You un-zip it, drive your car on it, put the desiccant moisture catching bags in car,trunk,engine bay, under car and zip it up and your done.  The entire car is 100% protected from the elements.  Check it out!!   Don

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »
Hey Guys....I came across this storage bag for classic cars.  It's called "Car Jacket".  You un-zip it, drive your car on it, put the desiccant moisture catching bags in car,trunk,engine bay, under car and zip it up and your done.  The entire car is 100% protected from the elements.  Check it out!!   Don
  I also use a "Car Jacket", I live in Northwest Illinois and only heat the Garage occasionally when I'm out there.  I also put a car cover on the car before zipping it in the bag, it comes out exactly the way you put it in.  BTW, I change the oil before I store it.  As stated dirty oil has acid in it.  I was raised around a Gas Station (my Grandfathers), and I know some of you are going to think this is crazy, but you can actually taste the acid in dirty oil.  If you just dip the tip of your finger in the oil and touch it to your tonque you can taste the acid.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

montgomg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
I use Bounce dryer sheets and/ or a product called Fresh Cab. Both have nice fragrane (compared to mothballs).
Fresh Cab at implement dealers or Amazon.
169Indy what is your source for DRIEZ?
Also anyone have experience with the electronic rodent repellers?