Author Topic: Exhaust Alignment Sleeves  (Read 5406 times)

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
Exhaust Alignment Sleeves
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:03:48 AM »
  I remember reading somewhere on here (Forum) someone was looking for Exhaust Alignment Sleeves, and was having trouble finding them.  These are the sleeves that go inside the Donut and slide up into the bottom of the Exhaust Man. and down inside the Exhaust Header pipe.  I found some, they come in either steel or stainless steel.   www.paragoncorvette.com  or call  1- 800 - 882 - 4688.     2 in. Steel part # 4092   2 in. Stainless part # 4093,  2 1/2 in. Steel part # 4094       2 1/2 in. Stainless part # 4095.   Hope this helps somebody  out.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust Alignment Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:21:55 AM »
Thanks!!!   I never knew these existed but have needed something like this for some time now.  I was actually using the larger Ford ones due to the fact my passenger pipe never aligned properly.  the tube is just slightly cockeyed from the manifold and never lined up perfectly.  Thus, I would burn through the donut every 6 months or so.  I just bought my donuts by the dozen (really!!) and just made it part of my maintenance schedule.  This should solve that and I will hopefully install my last donut....mmmm donuts. 

Thanks again for the heads up...it is greatly appreciated. 

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:32:04 AM »
HBC also carries them in stainless.  I installed a set this weekend, the fit was perfect.

http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/store/category/7/173/Exhaust-Parts/page2.html

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
I have used cast iron donuts with success.  The part number escapes me but they are GM parts.

-Mark.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:33:45 PM »
The FLAPS in my area have various sizes of those sleeves in open bins - no need to pay inflated prices at Camaro suppliers.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
I did look first at the assortment of adapters or reducers at the FLAPS and they all appeared too long to work as the extension, and I wasn't sure of the outer diameters I needed.  For me it was easier to pay a little extra than buy a part and then have to modify it.  Maybe they would have worked regardless, but I needed a sure fit for my situation and time constraints.  Plus the ones from HBC are stainless.

anything