Author Topic: Racing AMX Information  (Read 112756 times)

Shadow Ahead

Re: Racing AMX Information
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 06:08:49 AM »
The Canuk AMX from the black and white Mosport photo.

Steve

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
Neat picture.  In this one, the fenders haven't been opened up....hmmm....is it an early pic?  Also, no front bumper.  SCCA rules stated that bumpers that weren't part of the bodywork were removable.  But wow, what they gained in weight loss, they probably lost in aero.  :^)

klvn8r

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 08:37:52 PM »
shadow ahead, that's the same picture I found, but you beat me to it ! I belong to the canadian motorsport history group forum. I will try and see maybe some one there has something related to the AMX. it's funny how there seems to be little info on some cars. like I said to smkz28, I wish I had taken pictures of everything in the paddock ! but when your 16 or 17 you don't think that way. that someday these will be important cars.

mike group/7

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »
Yeah, found this photo awhile back and then refound it again! We know everything when we are 16 and 17, so who needs to take pictures? :D

Steve

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 03:09:59 AM »
Here is the 69 AMX that ran Sebring in 1970. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehenryford/6761393921/in/set-72157629028742651

klvn8r

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »
Mike Scott from Canada sent me these two pictures which were taken by his friend Adam Papp. They are of the
Bannerman sponsored AMX driven by Bud Tucker. They were both taken at Mosport. Adam thinks the b&w one
is from '69 and the color one is from '71.

Adam Papp photo

Adam Papp photo
Jon Mello
CRG

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »
Jon, I'd like to say I am grateful, and I hope I speak for other road race aficionados that len toward the esoteric that not only is your site a splendid example of quality articles, pictures, and associations working together to provide a glimpse,but also sometimes gives a sense of the experience of a bygone time in American auto competition.
  The Mosport pics are an example of the rich friendships you must certainly enjoy and it is exciting to be a member here and to stumble upon these treasures pictorial and the implicit relations behind the scenes. Thank you, Sir.

Steve

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2013, 07:26:04 PM »
Steve, I appreciate the kind words. Thank you. This forum is meant to pay tribute to a very special bygone era, to share stories
and information from that time, and to "share the wealth" with others so they might come to enjoy it like we have. There are
things that I have learned by sharing my stuff that I would have never known if I had kept it all stashed away for just my own
personal enjoyment. I have had numerous people tell me the same thing so that has made it a rewarding experience.
Jon Mello
CRG

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
+1 on steve's comment above ! and thank you jon for posting.

mike group/7

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
I also agree.  Thanks for the inclusion of this 'not Camaro' stuff.   Its hard to admit it this but, I just saw two AMX pictures that I have NEVER previously seen, and they were on the Camaro T/A website.  Way to go, guys!!!

klvn8r

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 12:59:43 AM »
Thanks, guys. Here are two more Adam Papp photos from Mosport in 1971. Nice, picturesque setting for a racetrack.
The Camaro seen in the photos was driven by Peter Wiseman for Fossman Racing and it had Castrol GTX sponsorship.

Adam Papp photo

Adam Papp photo
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 05:24:26 AM »
Two more Adam Papp photos of the AMX. These are from 1969.

Adam Papp photo

Adam Papp photo
Jon Mello
CRG

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 08:52:23 AM »
I'd like to come back to the Mosport AMX and discuss afew things. But first, while I have it in mind, check out this '95 Hemmings article: http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2007/06/01/hmn_feature17.html
Look at the lead picture with the #6 RR AMX as well as the text near the bottom of the article mentioning it. Note the tire sponsor on the rear quarter panel in the photo. Also the red rear bumper. Later today sometime I'll post a photo I have for comparison.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:14:16 PM by Jon Mello »

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
Steve, I fixed your link which was not working.
Jon Mello
CRG

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:29 AM »
Thanks, Jon.
Check out the photo below and look at the tire sponsor. Check that out against the Hemmings article photo. Also look at the driver mirror and the red rear bumper:

Steve

anything