CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 09:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
107639 Posts in 12512 Topics by 4813 Members
Latest Member: fsc66
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Glass Polish and Reproduction Glass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Glass Polish and Reproduction Glass  (Read 824 times)
JJs 67 Camaro

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »

Hello everyone- I am from Southern California and I am looking for someone who polishing glass. I have the original glass in my 67 Camaro and would like to keep it. Does anyone know of a company or person.

I have also looked at reproduction date coded glass but hear the curvature is not right on the side glass. I would appreciate any advise on this too.

Thank you,

Jerry
scoop

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »

I purchased my new glass from PS Auto Glass. I laid the new glass on top of the original and it is a perfect match.  They will also date code it with the correct LOF information if you want.  Scoop
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

Hello everyone- I am from Southern California and I am looking for someone who polishing glass. I have the original glass in my 67 Camaro and would like to keep it. Does anyone know of a company or person.

I'd avoid having any original glass "polished" - that's done with a liquid slurry of cerium oxide, makes an awful mess, takes forever, risks breaking the glass due to heat buildup, and the results are always disappointing, especially if you plan on driving the car at night.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: