Author Topic: wiper motor wiring  (Read 7135 times)

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
wiper motor wiring
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »
Hey guys. Does anyone have a schematic that shows how the wiper motor is wired on a '68? My motor has 4 terminals on the speed side and 2 on the washer pump. I have blue, light blue, yellow and black wires. My wiring diagram is vague on what wire goes to which terminal and there seems to be a double jumper wire between two of the terminals. My original plastic loom clips are no good and I just have wires with brass connector clips on the ends. I've installed a rebuilt motor. I have power to the wires at the motor but the motor won't run. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: wiper motor wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »
This thread over at Team Camaro may help: http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42420
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »
68 Camaros did not have a 4 terminal wiper motor, sounds like you got a generic one.  The top connector is for the constant 12v, the lower two are for speed (depending on ground path).  the switch when turned on actually controls the ground, not power. You will have to test which lower connectors work for low and high speeds. The park function is handled via a different ground path and is a longer explaination :)   

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
hotrod68>>;

Maybe this pic. will help.  I would check American Autowire, they probable make "pigtails" for this.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
68 Camaros did not have a 4 terminal wiper motor, sounds like you got a generic one.  The top connector is for the constant 12v, the lower two are for speed (depending on ground path).  the switch when turned on actually controls the ground, not power. You will have to test which lower connectors work for low and high speeds. The park function is handled via a different ground path and is a longer explaination :)   
  I think maybe he mis-interpretted.  There are 4 wires coming out of the Loom, and it sounds like the original plug ends were trash.  Yellow is the "jumper wire that goes to both places.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
Thanks guys!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

anything