Author Topic: First time Camaro gen 1 buyer  (Read 18614 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: First time Camaro gen 1 buyer
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
IMO 32k for a frankenstein with at best a swapped out firewall tag, and worst swapped vin tag, is no way worth it. You could buy a nice 68 with the right vin and firewall tag, for much less. You can drop a big block in, and add the wheels to any 67 68 or 69.  They made a ton of 67, 68 , 69 camaros keep looking and educating yourself and you will find the right one. One suggested site for numerous cars is cars online.com, I am not saying every car has been authenticated but it seems like they always have about a 100 of 67 68 69 camaros listed for sale, and have new guys posting all the time.
 And as mentioned before, if you can't find the answer post the question on CRG were here to help!
Welcome to the site and the obession!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: First time Camaro gen 1 buyer
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 10:09:52 PM »
Not that clarification is needed but when asking about price I want to assume the below.

I recognize the fact that its not numbers matching. Factoring in all the work that has been done to it( see earlier post) no visible rust or welding issues and that its not a lemon. Long story short the dealer is asking 32k for it. Am I crazy?
IMO 32k for a frankenstein with at best a swapped out firewall tag, and worst swapped vin tag, is no way worth it. You could buy a nice 68 with the right vin and firewall tag, for much less. You can drop a big block in, and add the wheels to any 67 68 or 69.  They made a ton of 67, 68 , 69 camaros keep looking and educating yourself and you will find the right one. One suggested site for numerous cars is cars online.com, I am not saying every car has been authenticated but it seems like they always have about a 100 of 67 68 69 camaros listed for sale, and have new guys posting all the time.
 And as mentioned before, if you can't find the answer post the question on CRG were here to help!
Welcome to the site and the obession!

X2 A non matching 68 is simply not worth that price.  Keep looking....
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything