Author Topic: how about this one  (Read 16381 times)

HOT3O2

• View Profile
Re: how about this one
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of "Motorman's" snide comments bashing Jerry. You were doing it over at "TC"  and they told you stop, now you do it over here? If you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything at all. JMO
Rick
69 RS/Z28

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 04:39:44 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of "Motorman's" snide comments bashing Jerry. You were doing it over at "TC"  and they told you stop, now you do it over here? If you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything at all. JMO

So what is the basis for his (Motorman) comments? 
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 04:54:08 PM »
he had a 69 Z that was special order paint, that he says was a 1965 Evening Orchid paint originally, and Jerry has said he saw in daylight by the weather striping and under the vinyl top on a previous inspection that the original color was silver (not midnight orchid). So motorman has started this thread showing a different special order paint 68 camaro that was sold at the same dealership, in order to give credence to his opinion that his former car was special ordered with the evening orchid color.
I am not saying Motorman is right, and I know Jerry has made errors in the past as well, just stating what I have seen posted. It is on team camaro, like 15 pages...
I am unsure if it is justified but,
 It would be safe to say Motorman has an axe to grind...
                                                                              ......how many pages on our forum it will take up is yet to be determined.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:33:59 PM by BULLITT65 »
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=207776    Go over to "TC" and read the story on the 69 Z/28 Barn Find. Very interesting story and good reading if you can put up with "Motorman's" attitude.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=207776    Go over to "TC" and read the story on the 69 Z/28 Barn Find. Very interesting story and good reading if you can put up with "Motorman's" attitude.

Damn...I posted a few of my own comments in that thread when the discussion of the color first started getting heated up, then I quit reading it, I should have kept up. I had no idea it got that heated. So I missed a lot then, and can see that a lot of Motorman's comments were deleted as well as some other folks. My interest is a little peaked now on what he said, I assuming about Jerry M? I find it a bit amusing that someone can sit behind a computer where they know nobody can get to them and say anything they want without getting a punch in the eye. The computer age took a lot out of physical face to face and confrontation.
GaryC

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »
Not to cause any more problems with this, bit I have an observation, something I noticed on the color that is being discussed...I'm wondering if the tint, if that is what makes the color difference, of the Evening Orchid is difficult for some to see and some think it is Silver. When I first saw the pic of the Camaro in question, my first thought was EO, then I went by what I was reading in the TC thread and said OK, Cortez Silver. So, I went to look at my car, which is Cortez Silver and still has original paint in the door jambs and I'm thinking just by looking at those pics of the Z in question, it has to be EO? My wife and my son both have a problem seeing tint. If you put mist green and mist blue, mid 60's GM colors, in front of them neither one can tell you what color they are. My wife looks at green and says it's blue and my son says blue when it's green. I tell them both they need to get a color blindness check. Is it possible for this to happen where light shades are difficult to see?  
GaryC

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 03:16:59 AM »
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=207776    Go over to "TC" and read the story on the 69 Z/28 Barn Find. Very interesting story and good reading if you can put up with "Motorman's" attitude.

FYI..  'Motorman' (Clem) is a great guy, and knows more about cars and engines (especially performance) than probably any 10 of us on this site..   He 'developed' that 'attitude' due to his belief that he was being called a 'liar' some some parties, or not knowing what he purchased, when he knew damn well what he purchased.   He told me about that car (along with John Z and others) several years ago, well before this issue came up on TC and here.   I'd advise Clem to 'let it go' and people will come around, because his story is correct and anyone who isn't 'color blind' can tell that even from the photos that were posted on TC.   and I'd adise others to give Clem some credit, and not get on his case.   HOW would you react if someone called you a liar or a 'no nothing' in a public forum?
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 03:33:17 AM »

FYI..  'Motorman' (Clem) is a great guy, and knows more about cars and engines (especially performance) than probably any 10 of us on this site..   He 'developed' that 'attitude' due to his belief that he was being called a 'liar' some some parties, or not knowing what he purchased, when he knew damn well what he purchased.   He told me about that car (along with John Z and others) several years ago, well before this issue came up on TC and here.   I'd advise Clem to 'let it go' and people will come around, because his story is correct and anyone who isn't 'color blind' can tell that even from the photos that were posted on TC.   and I'd adise others to give Clem some credit, and not get on his case.   HOW would you react if someone called you a liar or a 'no nothing' in a public forum?

HOW would you react if someone called you a liar or a 'no nothing' in a public forum?

Knowing myself as well as I do?...I would probably just chuckle and call them an idiot. I always say you can't judge a book by its cover and a lot of people I've run into think they know something, but they don't. Heck, even I don't know everything, but I would never call anyone a liar, seen too many people wearing a fist in their eye in my lifetime.
GaryC

motorman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »
i am most likely the only person on this site that owned a new 68 and new 69  Z/28 ...................
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:04:08 PM by KurtS »
new Camaros owned 68 and 69 Z-28. new Corvettes owned 59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99 02,05 and 08. retired race engine builder, former NASCAR tech inspector

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »
Clem,
I know this was a huge discussion on other sites. Keep it factual or the thread will be closed.
Thanks!
Kurt
Kurt S
CRG

anything