Author Topic: Amazing Survivor Chevrolets - Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction End  (Read 5997 times)

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Amazing Survivor Chevrolets - Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction End
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:26 PM »
Amazing Survivor Chevrolets & More! Lambrecht Chevrolet Company Auction End of September

I don’t believe this – stuff urban legends are made from.

Guy owned a Chevy dealership in Nebraska for almost 50 years (reminds me of the old Chevy dealership here in Minden).  Cars that didn’t sell – he kept.  Some of these cars have 1.5 to 10 miles on the odometer.  Other than being dirty and needing some serious TLC, many are essentially new cars that are 50 something years old and have never been titled.

Auction is end of Sept – I need to find a reason to be there.  Apparently a lot of other dealer related items, manuals, memorabilia, etc . to be auctioned off as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/20/vintage-chevy-auction-to-deal-in-low-mileage-gems/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmCSv3wzOfU

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=135
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Amazing Survivor Chevrolets - Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction End
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »
I have been aware of this for a while, I have been patiently waiting for them to post a list of the cars they will be auctioning off....
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:51:06 AM »
I have been patiently waiting for them to post a list of the cars they will be auctioning off....

See attached
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 03:01:57 AM »
and.....
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 03:03:16 AM »
I have seen the videos they have put out, only tells the story of a few, and says the day before the auction you can inspect them. Currently when you hit the link it says the site is down for maintenance. hopefully they will have a complete list of cars and condition in the coming weeks!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »
That's been kicking round for ages, thought they would have done the auction thing by now..... Maybe trying to build interest??
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
That's been kicking round for ages, thought they would have done the auction thing by now..... Maybe trying to build interest??

That and the legal logistics of putting this sort of thing are incredible....
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
I'm giving serious consideration to going.  Plenty of air miles, hotel and car rental points as well.  Downside would be having to stay 125 miles or so away in Omaha due to all hotels within 50 miles being already booked - or at least that is what is being reported.

If I go, watching the car auction would be interesting in and of itself - I personally have no plans to purchase a vehicle - although, if you look at page 4 of the inventory list, there are twelve '63 - '64 Chevy pickup trucks with less than 10 miles on the odometer.  Probably a retty good project opportunity in there somewhere.  What I'd be interested in, personally, would be some of the Chevy dealership memorabillia, shop manuals, etc. that will also be a part of the acution.

I live in the small town of Minden, NV which was founded in 1905 by the Dangberg family.  One of the brothers, Clarence, opened a Chevy dealership and called it C.O.D Garage.  (The C.O.D. stands for Clarence O. Dangberg - not Cash On Delivery :D.)

About 15 years ago, C.O.D. Garage was purchased by a mega Chevy dealership and within a very short period of time, there was nothing left of the old C.O.D. Garage.  A parrt of that transition to new ownership was a large, similar auction which attracted big money from all across the country.  Although the "stored" car inventory was not as great, there were probably 50 or so vehicles that had been put in storage by C.O.D. Garage for various reasons that went across the block - and then there was the dealership memoribillia.  I was lucky enough to attend and it was quite a day..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:15:50 PM by rich69rs »
Richard Thomas
1969 RS