Author Topic: 2013 Monterey Rolex / any parking in the paddock area?  (Read 3804 times)

hubleyman

• View Profile
2013 Monterey Rolex / any parking in the paddock area?
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
Some of the group members here will be racing in Monterey next weekend, and I have a question for you guys.  Any chance you would have some extra space to park a car overnight near your trailers/cars in the paddock area?

I'm trailering my "barn find" 1967 Corvette (sorry, I know this a Camaro forum) to have on display in the Corvette Coral during the day.  Evidently, they want the Coral cars removed at night due to lack of security or something of that nature.  My car runs and drives pretty good, but has only been driven a couple times since it was revived (after sitting for 20 years in a field of weeds) so I am apprehensive about driving it to and from the track every day (especially in that weekend event traffic). 

Currently my plan is to trailer the car back and forth down from the Pebble Beach area every day, which will be an excessive amount of effort and a pain in the butt if it comes to that.

I was told it could stay at the track if it was parked in the paddock at night, which is secured, hence my question.  I can easily drive the car to the paddock after the days activities and remove it early before the next days events begin.  You can have a spare key and drive it or move it as well.  I realize this is a strange request, but I'm running out of options and time. 

So guys, any of you have room and are willing to tolerate an old faded Corvette near your rigs?  It's a longshot but you never know unless you ask....  Charlie

OCTARD

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Monterey Rolex / any parking in the paddock area?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:22:51 AM »
Hello Charlie.  Private Message sent.

anything