Author Topic: 'yellow light' AM/FM radio?  (Read 17815 times)

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
Re: 'yellow light' AM/FM radio?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 04:52:12 PM »
I have a few radio service manuals and will see if they differentiate the blue light and mid-year yellow light.
Thanks Ed & Mark...
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 03:57:46 AM »
Thanks for posting Ed and Mark!

It would be interesting to see the tag of a yellow light integrated (late) radio.
Kurt S
CRG

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 04:04:29 AM »
I agree..  but I'm suspecting they are 'notated' as for '70 models...

Those of us with 'late '69's are lucky this way, having many parts that were ordered for the '70 models, but used on the late '69 cars (or early '70's if you will!).. :)   This late yellow light stereo radio is just one more example to add to the list along with the 'dripper valve covers', 'C' stamped differentials, etc...  Who can add to this list?  :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »
How about the drivers door blue VIN decal, and change to door, with two locating peaks for sticker location. 
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
I seem to remember an hi-fi article I ran across a few years back that noted the differences in automotive radios and in particular GM being at the cutting edge at the time that affordable FM sets came into our cars. The Blue light and Yellow light models had a different crystal tuning set which apparently had something to do with weaker FM stations being locked into frequency receivership better with the new design. I've never opened one up so can't say this is true for sure or why the indicator light would have changed since the unit sticker would have clued any repair person into which unit it was.   
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything