Author Topic: bumper jack screwdriver  (Read 5574 times)

calvinator4x

• View Profile
bumper jack screwdriver
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
does anyone have pics or info on the screwdriver included in 67 camaro jack insrtuction sticker, i know corvette guys use the a wood red handle irwin that are extremley rare and pricy

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: bumper jack screwdriver
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »
Not sure if you meant for this to be in the "Test Drive" section.

I have wondered this as well.  I know my uncles 69 Chevelle came with a very short Phillips #2 with a wooden handle..  I wish I had got pics of it last week but didn't..  I have this screwdriver but have not idea of its origin.  It is wooden but there isn't any print or stampings anywhere on it.  Also I would have thought the screwdriver would have been a flathead..

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
I moved this to the originality section for you.

The screwdriver was only included with cars having the RPO N96 (simulated mag wheel covers) or the RPO P02 (simulated wire wheel covers) option. It was a flat blade screw driver used to remove the wheel covers, as the lug wrench had a tendancy to put dings and dents in them. Not sure about the usage in the Camaro, and research is still being done, but it appears it may have never reached production on the Corvette. More info on that HERE, starting on page 3.

Ed

calvinator4x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
thanks for moving this ed, new to the sight corvettes use them for the knock off wheel option for 1 or 2 years only, its a flat blade about 10 in. long, red wood handle with natural flutes, white letterin that says erwin made in usa. there so rare vette guys pay overr 1000 for them. im thinking camaro chevelle nova corvair elcamino would all use the same one if it had mag or wire wheel option 65-69 so there should be a good number around, trying to post pics dont know if its working, thanks randy

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
The Irwin screwdriver was included with 720 sets of RPO N-89 bolt-on aluminum wheels on '67 Corvettes.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

calvinator4x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »
thanks for the info, i think there might be a special jack base also, i have one that has a hole on the top middle for something, maybe the screwdriver

anything