CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106615 Posts in 12428 Topics by 4790 Members
Latest Member: gmein
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  1969 Z/28 original engine brackets and components
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1969 Z/28 original engine brackets and components  (Read 728 times)
Bryan302

View Profile Email
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »

I'm new to the CRG forum and have been soaking up all the restoration information that I can find.  I have a request for some of you 69 Z/28 owners.  PLEASE post some pictures of original plug wire stands, the skinny one on the RH side and the wider one on the LH side of the intake.  The brake hose bracket, that's beside the larger wire stand on the LH side.  I'm after the correct bend and shape and the proper markings or stamps that make them correct for a 69 Z/28.  From what I've read on the forum, my car, an 05A build date, would be too early for a fuel line bracket, Is this correct?  Is their any markings or stamps, codes, etc. that would identify an original 302 flat bottom cowl induction air cleaner?  I'm afraid my engine was a victum of the chrome monster, and that monster ate my original brackets, and air cleaner!!!  Thanks for any help!

Bryan S.
1968 RS Z/28, 12E, PNT R2, TR 749
1969 Z/28 X33, 05A, PNT 52 52, TR 719, endura bumper
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »

<< PLEASE post some pictures of original plug wire stands, the skinny one on the RH side and the wider one on the LH side of the intake.  The brake hose bracket, that's beside the larger wire stand on the LH side. >>

Photos below show the supports on my original 02D Norwood car. The fuel line bracket didn't appear until August.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
69Z28-RS

owner since '76

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »

I'm new to the CRG forum and have been soaking up all the restoration information that I can find.  I have a request for some of you 69 Z/28 owners.  PLEASE post some pictures of original plug wire stands, the skinny one on the RH side and the wider one on the LH side of the intake.  The brake hose bracket, that's beside the larger wire stand on the LH side.  I'm after the correct bend and shape and the proper markings or stamps that make them correct for a 69 Z/28.  From what I've read on the forum, my car, an 05A build date, would be too early for a fuel line bracket, Is this correct?  Is their any markings or stamps, codes, etc. that would identify an original 302 flat bottom cowl induction air cleaner?  I'm afraid my engine was a victum of the chrome monster, and that monster ate my original brackets, and air cleaner!!!  Thanks for any help!

Hello Bryan
Welcome to CRG, and it's good to know you're getting back into the Camaro restoration game... Smiley
I'll look for you Saturday in Athens...

Gary W.  /  69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood all tint
69 Corvette convertible, silver/black 350 hp,
60 Corvette white/red, 72 Corvette coupe (2), 
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55 Nomad, '57 Nomad, '57 B/A Sedan
ban617

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:46:36 PM »

John , Your car is such a time capsule awesome....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: