Here are my steps, using the original fitting on the block. I nipped one end off with the female fitting shown on post 25. The line kit I got from Paragon is crimped at both ends female fittings.
1) Jack the car and remove console, remove line and feed wire up through rubber isolator at firewall.
2) After you've got the old line removed from the car, feed the nipped end through your stock firewall rubber isolator. I used the wire (.032") to feed the line back up from the console. .
3) Removed male block fitting and installed original female block fitting.
4) Placed new double compression fitting on hose first and slide up out of the way, install new sleeve in line and pull fitting back down. My fitting and sleeve were loose (take care at this step as you can lose them)
5) Place new line end with assembled compression fitting/sleeve in block fitting and push line in while spinning fitting to pre-load the fitting on the line.
6) Torque line to 20 in/lb (that's the torque I used per some manuals I utilized)
7) Install and torque console fitting
Start car and admire your leak free install
7) Re-install the console and removed components
4) Drink a cold one and pat yourself on the back.