Author Topic: Huggar Orange touch up paint  (Read 5282 times)

100pctvet

• View Profile
Huggar Orange touch up paint
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:05 AM »
I'm putting new tail lights on my 69 and I need to touch up some nicks on the opening. Where can one buy Huggar Orange touch up paint.? Thanks.

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Huggar Orange touch up paint
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
That's actually a more complex question than you may realize.  First off, is this a repainted car?  If so, was base clear used?  If repainted what paint code was used?  More than likely there will be a shade or two difference when touching up.  If it were me, I would go to my local paint supplier with the hugger orange paint code & tell them you need a small amount for touch up purposes.  But again the uncertainty of the paint on the car now could play a role on how well it matches.

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
I use Seymour chevy engine orange with a artist brush to touch up nicks. It is very close, but not exact tint.

Oaklyss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
I us this

69 RSSS ZL-2 4 speed, mint unrestored 04A LA built-SOLD
1968 GTCS mint unrestored original paint
1972 AMX 401 4 speed, cowl induction, twin-grip, A/C, unrestored, original paint
1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire factory Turbo and Methanol injection, 4 speed, posi, 1 of 4 known to exist

100pctvet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
Thanks for the help. Terry

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 04:54:01 AM »
Just take the car to any paint supplier that has a scanner and get it scanned in an appropriate spot where it would have received a similar amount of wear or abrasion and/or fading from the sun and get them to run up a small test sample from scratch or if the scanned code can be matched to a know color code in a sample book - if good at their job they can usually advise you from there.
Most sharp guys in body shop supply paint stores can usually give a pretty good estimate of how close they can match up any existing paint on a vehicle due to its condition and type and also from that they usually can give you some idea of how much any sample you will have made up will darken when it dries.. 

anything