Author Topic: Better or Best Quality Rocker Moldings  (Read 3875 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Better or Best Quality Rocker Moldings
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
Hey Guys,

I need to order a new set of rocker moldings for my 69 Camaro.  I ordered a reproduction pair a while ago and they were terrible.  They were soft metal, looked grey instead of chrome, and the ends were crimped into a point with the metal having "wrinkles".    I know there must be better offerings out there in reporduction world.  What brand or who do I order from to get a good quality set?  I spoke with MCB (Matt's Classic Bowtie) parts and they said they have a quality offering from CHL at about $30 each, stating CHL was their supplier and were much better than the standard reproduction stuff I described.  Does anyone know about this CHL supplier and are their items good?  Let me know you opinion...who to buy from and what manufacturer to request.

Thanks,

Steve

TooManyReels

• View Profile
Re: Better or Best Quality Rocker Moldings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »
I have used the Classic Headquarter ones and they fit very well...They are a little pricey though, but much nicer than the factory reproductions.  You might ask whoever you buy them from to make sure there are no scratches on the ones they ship you before hand.  The shipping is going to sting, unless you can pick them up some where close by..

Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

ban617

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:07:55 AM »
 You can still get NOS ones on ebay or get the ones from Classic Headquarters

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:12:43 AM »
Okay, I called Matts Classic Bowtie supply and ordered a pair of their better grade moldings.  They sell two grades of moldings.  I spoke with Kim who was awesome enough to actually unwrap one and take photos for me to see before I bought them.  They are nicely rounded on ends and do not have any "wrinkles" as I have seen in the cheaper stuff.  They also look nicely polished.  They were a few dollars more than the cheaper offering, but not so much that it was overly expensive.  I will give a full report when I get them in a few days.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »
The CHQ reproductions are very nice and in most cases, nicer than originals..........

Jerry