Author Topic: 69 Window Sticker  (Read 3583 times)

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
69 Window Sticker
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
Hey guys. This is a pic of a window sticker for a 69 Impala survivor I just bought. I haven't got the car yet and I was told it has a lot of original paperwork including the POP that original purchaser had saved. I was told the FONT is somewhat different compared to other window stickers. Anybody with experience that can tell me for sure? I'm not too concerned if it's real or a reprint, but if it is correct for the Tarrytown, N.Y. plant that will be a plus.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Window Sticker
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »
Looks like a re-type from the Zone Office; definitely not a production line-printed item.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Looks like a re-type from the Zone Office; definitely not a production line-printed item.

John, is it OK or no? Should I make a note as to it being a re-print from the Zone Office if asked about it? I'm not sure what this really means in the scheme of the production line item and the Zone Office re-print.
GaryC

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »

John, is it OK or no? Should I make a note as to it being a re-print from the Zone Office if asked about it? I'm not sure what this really means in the scheme of the production line item and the Zone Office re-print.

It wasn't uncommon for the original sticker to be damaged after the car left the plant (transit driver rolls window down, tearing the sticker, etc.); the Monroney law requires that the sticker not be disturbed and that it be removed by the customer, not the dealer. If the sticker was damaged (or lost), a call to the Zone Office would get a replacement in a few days. An original '69 sticker would be computer line-printed, not typed, and the last six digits of the VIN would be rubber-stamped, not typed.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »

It wasn't uncommon for the original sticker to be damaged after the car left the plant (transit driver rolls window down, tearing the sticker, etc.); the Monroney law requires that the sticker not be disturbed and that it be removed by the customer, not the dealer. If the sticker was damaged (or lost), a call to the Zone Office would get a replacement in a few days. An original '69 sticker would be computer line-printed, not typed, and the last six digits of the VIN would be rubber-stamped, not typed.

OK. I understand. I'm sure, without the proof, it will be questioned by some but not by all at some point in time. I'm glad I asked about it then. I myself would have never thought about it being replaced because of damage. Thanks John
GaryC