Author Topic: Sticker Kit  (Read 4432 times)

69Z28freak

• View Profile
Sticker Kit
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:01 AM »
I purchased this sticker kit and I am wondering about the leaf spring stickers. All of the restored 69 Z/28's I have seen have yellow leaf spring stickers. The ones I was sent have silver stickers. Which would be correct for a 69 Z/28.

Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
Re: Sticker Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
Gary, What you have should be fine. JM's book indicates rear leaf springs tag is BM silver paper with black letters. Front springs YF is light blue paper with dark blue letters and EY and YH is light blue paper with black letters.

Can't tell the letter colors from the pic on your YF tags are those dark blue or black?
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

69Z28freak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
Gary, What you have should be fine. JM's book indicates rear leaf springs tag is BM silver paper with black letters. Front springs YF is light blue paper with dark blue letters and EY and YH is light blue paper with black letters.

Can't tell the letter colors from the pic on your YF tags are those dark blue or black?

Thanks Gary I will have a look at the stickers and see if the letters are dark blue or black.
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
Hi Mike.

There has been some debate, possibly even here on CRG, about the "colour" of the YF on the front tags and whether the print was Blue or Black. Jerry's book does in fact quote Blue.  I have filled customer orders for both colours.  Check your colour and if you want the other colour let me know and I'll send a set out.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

69Z28freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:32 PM »
Hi Mike.

There has been some debate, possibly even here on CRG, about the "colour" of the YF on the front tags and whether the print was Blue or Black. Jerry's book does in fact quote Blue.  I have filled customer orders for both colours.  Check your colour and if you want the other colour let me know and I'll send a set out.

Thanks Don. I was most curious about the silver leaf stickers. Not sure what, but for some reason allmof the stickers I have seen on restored cars are yellow. Very interesting indeed.
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro