Author Topic: 68 outside window fuzzies recommendation  (Read 3226 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
68 outside window fuzzies recommendation
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:06:21 AM »
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the outside window fuzzies for a 68 that has the reveal belt moldings on top of the door and quarter panel. I would like them to be as original as possible in looks and function.

I am not sure if I should order both the inside and the outside ones. I just need the outside ones for right now. My original inside fuzzies don't look too bad. That's hard for me to know for sure though without holding them along side of new ones to compare. I am not sure if they need replacing.

Rick's sells kits with the outsides only as well as kits for all of the inside and outside. I looked at Steel Rubber Products and it seems you have to buy the inside and outside together. Steele's seem pretty expensive too. And that's OK if they are excellent quality.

Thanks,
Dave

jeff68

• View Profile
Re: 68 outside window fuzzies recommendation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »
I have a 68 convertible with the reveal moldings.  I found that the PUI outer fuzzies matched my originals almost exactly.  They are available as outers only.  Others that I bought were too bulky/thick.  IIRC, the screws that they supplied with them had heads that were too big, but I was able to find screws that matched my originals.

Also, PUI has excellent customer service.  On one of my fuzzies, the 'tabs' that hold them to the reveal moldings were offset to one side by about 1/2".  PUI was able to troubleshoot it over the phone by comparing my measurements to their fabrication drawing.  They immediately made another set specifically for me and sent them out at no charge.  No argument, no 'please return them to where you bought them', just taking care of their goof-up.
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Re: 68 outside window fuzzies recommendation
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. That's good information. It's nice to hear of someone standing by their product. I will check them out.

Dave